100 Greatest Progressive Rock Artists

NineFeetUnderground said:
starless and fallen angel both make Red one of KCs best releases easily...but epitaph was the first KC song i heard...and it floored me. its been my favorite since. i talk to the wind and the title track are also amazing tracks.

Yeah both red and thier first are my fav albums, I love I talk to the wind, such a cool song.

Rush's guitarist, in that case it doesnt surprise me that much.

Alternative 3 said:
Yeah both red and thier first are my fav albums, I love I talk to the wind, such a cool song.

Rush's guitarist, in that case it doesnt surprise me that much.

well he obviously has a semi-unconventional style of playing...but i figured an acomplished guitarist of proficient ability such as him should know a bit of theory...i was fairly shocked when he claimed he knew almost none.

im curious to know how much theory fripp, hackett and howe have...theyre 3 of my biggest influences.

Hey all... I'm so proud of you guys making my simple post rock so hard. I thought it may stimulate some good discussion and I found it interesting, entertaining and informative. I liked the jousting with a civil resolution, and a visit from the almighty Mikael Åkerfeldt. Merry Christmas Metal Heads!

Out. :devil:

I'm not gonna wade through 6 pages to see if somebody already said this, so if somebody did, I apologize:

how the FUCK did Portishead get on there? This is the trip hop er whatever group we're talking about right?

I would say fripp has some good theory knowledge, or maybee its just all the jazz influences in there. He also has a very unusual (very unusual band) style. But i would say he had some theory knowledge.

We all know by now that it's possible to write amazing, fantastic music without naming your chords or scales...for metal at least anyway. Some people believe that you can't write metal related music without music theory which is bullshit.