16-17 year olds kids with no breakdowns!

Songs not that bad really. I think the vocal productions great, guitars sound really clean too. I just think the drums seem too "pushed back" I guess. Maybe just a volume thing?

not too bad for a bunch of young kids haha(the solos suck though) :)

i think the mix is pretty solid. The toms seem a tad loud on spots(maybe automation could remedy that), but the snare and kick sound like they could come up dome(especially the kick).

definitely sounding solid though dude!

yea, the drums are too far back, esp the kick, i think.

otherwise, good mix!

thanks,

not too bad for a bunch of young kids haha(the solos suck though) :)

i think the mix is pretty solid. The toms seem a tad loud on spots(maybe automation could remedy that), but the snare and kick sound like they could come up dome(especially the kick).

definitely sounding solid though dude!

Yea I agree...the solos make me chuckle. :)

The guitar was a cheap Ibenez with stock pickups. I setup and intonated and used brand new strings. For some reason every guitarist that comes in uses thin strings and has the action so low its nothing but fret buzz. So I fix all this before i track...

Now my chain is: Countryman type 85 dir box on guitars into digi002 mic pre and then used Pod Farm plugin.

The guitar was a cheap Ibenez with stock pickups. I setup and intonated and used brand new strings. For some reason every guitarist that comes in uses thin strings and has the action so low its nothing but fret buzz. So I fix all this before i track...

Now my chain is: Countryman type 85 dir box on guitars into digi002 mic pre and then used Pod Farm plugin.

thx for info :)

Whenever people use my guitars, the electrics anyway, they always bitch about the fat strings and higher action. Pussies. :p

great mix. But the drums sound programmed, like there is no dynamic left:Smug:
But great sound!!!!!!!!!
It somehow feels like a Joey sturgis mix:)

What was your setup in podfarm?
Amp/tubescreamer/cab/mic blablabla...

Sounds good overall!
The drums sound very machine-like tho, work a bit on the velocities!
The guitars could use some air and as a personal preference I think the bass could be dirtier.

No the drums are tracked and sample replaced. Everything is just edited 100% to the grid. I think with this style of music (for me anyways) its hard to incorporate dynamics into the drums. Listen to Joey's Oceano mix and its the same way as well. I would have thought the drums were programed if he did not say otherwise.

Or maybe I just suck with dynamics and drums :-(

Ok my power amp just arrived for my Yamaha Ns10m's and I hooked them up and tweaked the mix real quick. I think it sounds more open now and they guitars fit better. Keep in mind Ive been mixing all day and Ive never used Ns10's before and I just hooked them up and did some tweaking.

5 minutes mixing with the ns10's and im stoked to mix more on them now!!

DO you like this mix better??

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/610605/No Name v1.2.mp3