First mix after a couple month break.

wow, i think the mix is excellant, ive been on this forum as a member for about ten minutes and this is the first user mix ive listened too, thats a high bar you've set for me :lol: really sounds good though, vocal layering is excellant, and drums sounds great,

WOW! Very cool sounds, crazy as shit you replaced every cymbal?!

Fantastic sounds. Cheers!

Forgot to add, what was your guitar chain?

Yea the band said the same thing about the vox. Good ear!

I think im going to try mixing another song and take a different approach and see if i can come up with a better mix as im not 100% happy yet.

glad to see you back here dude! and congrats on getting more label work:)

As far as the mix goes, i think you should make more use of the dynamic tom samples. That's about the only negative thing i could say about this mix. That may be what the band's going for though

Hey Brian long time no talk dude! Yea I just did a Victory records project as well (Within The Ruins) and had a few guys from the label come out and visit the studio. They had the fucking Victory mobile and all, shit was sick, had a few beers and talked music all night!! Good times......

So yea, I need to pick your brain some time about drumming as im not a drummer and I always struggle to make the dynamics sound real it seems. I try and think like a drummer and even air drum but I just cant seem to get it right.

Also I think this new mix im working on for this band is way better overall but I still need to get the tom fills sounding more human. FML!

Did you get aim or something yet dude?

nice dude! i cant wait for your new within the ruins work to be heard. Any chance of a sneak peak?

i really like your mix joshua.great work. it´s important i love that band too.hahah.
could you explain better the toms?
each tom is a mix between fat toms and birch toms, ok.
but, for room, how did you make exactly?
2 room tracks for tom?
one track ngr and another ssd track?
result for each tom would be: tom track, ngr, ssd.

correct?
thanks

awesome stuff, so was that the same signal chain as the one used for and hell followed with for guitar?

i really like your mix joshua.great work. it´s important i love that band too.hahah.
could you explain better the toms?
each tom is a mix between fat toms and birch toms, ok.
but, for room, how did you make exactly?
2 room tracks for tom?
one track ngr and another ssd track?
result for each tom would be: tom track, ngr, ssd.

correct?
thanks

I used Slate trigger plugin and I ran Fat tom z1 and Fat tom nrg and then on the same plugin I used Birch toms and ssd room. So i had 2 tom samples and 2 room samples all playing together for a total of 4 samples. I mixed the room mics back -13db. Then I used waves ssl with a small boost on low end and a small high end boost as well. Thats it really no compression or anything.

awesome stuff, so was that the same signal chain as the one used for and hell followed with for guitar?

This chain I ran a little different cause the tunning was in B and Ahfw was in A. I ran the normal pod farm Mesa and q4 plugin doing high and low pass. Then on the buss I used vintage warmer, waves L1 and C4 and thats it. On Ahfw I used a ssl comp C4 and waves S1.

Im thinking of maybe reamping the project through my Mesa dual rec and or 5150 if time permits. We used a Engl Savage and Engl Invader on Within The Ruins reamping and it sounds so good. Real amps fucking own and I cant wait to start using them more!

I hear that man, thanks for the input, it seems like pretty standard process stuff I guess the playing really helps haha

I used Slate trigger plugin and I ran Fat tom z1 and Fat tom nrg and then on the same plugin I used Birch toms and ssd room. So i had 2 tom samples and 2 room samples all playing together for a total of 4 samples. I mixed the room mics back -13db. Then I used waves ssl with a small boost on low end and a small high end boost as well. Thats it really no compression or anything.

thanks Joshua, perfectly understood now.

did you use dual tone in pod farm like in AHFW?