2 DVD Versions ARE available

Feanor IV

Jan 22, 2002
Athens, Greece
www.metal-realm.com
Hmmm, there are two versions out there, one from Century Media and one from Metal Mind Productions. The one has the code "CM77485-7" and the other something like "MMPDVD09".

I need some help: what are the differences between these two versions? The Century Media version reads "Region Code: All Regions // Picture Format: NTSC 4:3 // Audio Dolby 5.1 and Dolby Stereo // Running Time: approx. 195:00", while the other version only reads "Region Code: 0" or something alike.

The question is (I had asked this question separately in another thread, before I heard about the two versions): what the fuck is this NTSC thing? I mean, it's a european version, it can't be in NTSC, that's not logical, I thought all european countries were in PAL. So, what's the story here? And what are the differences between the two editions?

Thanks in advance

I'm no expert in this, but as far as I know Europe was in PAL in the past millennia - nowadays all modern TVs, DVD-players, etc. are in both NTSC and PAL.

And the Live Damage DVD (the CM version) I have is in NTSC.

-Villain

I also got the NTSC DVD and for some fucked up reason the sound comes about one second earlier than the pictures. But only in the 5.1 mix, the bootleg videos and the interview are ok.
Can somebody tell me why??? Did one of you experience the same? It's very good to be seen in "Damage Done" when Michael sings the chorus. I even bought 2 copies for I thought the first one might have had an error while burning it. But the second one's the same.

thanks!
so there's at least one other guy who experienced the same problem.
i really love and appreciate dark tranquillity, but why aren't they able to produce or letting produce the dvd without that fucking sound/picture failure? i'm working in the producing business myself and it really isn't that much of hard work to synchronize sound and video.
and it really disturbs me in enjoying the gig.
what a pity...

admittedly the sound codes for the dvd could have been better, or at least a little more accessible when it comes to different areas/systems. still if you tinker with it a bit i'm sure there is a way to make it work perfectly everywhere and with any equipment except perhaps a rocket launcher.

i suggest either here or on the other thread all the people who have experienced problems and solved them post suggestions on how to get rid of all sorts of problems. i'd gladly help but (a) i'm an ignorant; and (b) the dvd works perfectly both on my pc and on my tv-connected dvd system.

If God intended us to crawl, he wouldn't have given us knees. I see this as a lack of foresight on his part, and as his most esteemed and humble servant, seek to correct his work with this here crowabr :D