2 Nightwish videos debut in the U.S. in 24-hour period

OSA strikes again...

Now, usually the OSA council is given credit for things that they've never done (you old-timers know what I'm talking about here), but now we can finally be given credit for something good that we actually made a conscious effort to do.

As of this morning (March 11th), "The Islander" video was shown for the first time on American television on the Reelz Channel Movies & Music in the Morning music video program. This came about from a request to the station that I made on behalf of the OSA, after seeing that the show played videos from Within Temptation. So I figured, why not Nightwish too?

I received an e-mail back from the producer of the show, who not only said that he would play their videos, but also told me that he is a HUGE Nightwish fan. So OSA is not only proud to announce the premiere of "The Islander" video, but also to welcome our new affiliates, Reelz Channel, to the OSA family!

Thanks to Christian, the producer of the show, for playing the video and being the ONLY music video program in the U.S. to have some balls and play music on their show that is not the same old crap over and over again.

So the rest of you out there, go to the OSA site and read more info on how you can continue to request Nightwish videos on Reelz Channel!

Edit: The topic title has changed because this morning (March 12th), another Nightwish video was played on the Movies & Music in the Morning show when "Amaranth" was played for the first time. So this is TWO Nightwish videos making their American premieres in just a 24-hour time frame!

Another fine example of the OSA doing it's part for Nightwish here in the states. Good job C.!

And yes, thanks to Christian for his good taste in music and willingness to work with us in getting our mutual idea of quality music seen and heard.

Well, I must not be the only one sending in requests...because if you haven't seen the announcement on our website already, the "Amaranth" video will be making its debut in primetime television next Monday (June 14th), on the evening edition of Movies & Music. This is a half-hour show, but this is a great time slot nonetheless not only because it is in the evening time, but also, in this version of the show, the host actually talks about the bands that are being played. So the video will not only be seen but the band gets a mention too. Be sure to go to our website for more details so you can tune in to the show!

Hey, congrats C. and everybody else involved! :) Good to see your grass root work is makiing an impact in the US media.

Kiitos Enigma, this was the culmination of a lot of hard work done not only by the Nightwish fans but also by Christian at Reelz, who took a chance and put Nightwish on a show that featured much more mainstream bands such as Paramore and Evanescence. Really, they were the "unknown" band on the show and I thought it was extremely cool that he found a place for them when he very easily could have put a more well-known band in their place. And the fact that the band's official site took notice of this couldn't be better for us. The OSA site received over 1000 hits just over the weekend since this was put up on Nightwish.com!

In case no one has read the recent news item on OSA, or read my post over at the official forum...

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end", and I'm afraid in this case it is true. Now, in past attempts such as our radio/promo campaign in 2004, it seems whenever attention for Nightwish in this country starts to get its foot into the door, something comes along to slam the door on that foot. :(

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Christian at Reelz, sadly informing me that top brass at the network has decided that the Movies & Music program should move in a musical direction that is more adult contemporary/pop. (Because after all, it's not enough that every other channel plays this music! ;) ) So this means that the days of Nightwish airings have basically come to an end. However, this did not go down without a fight: Christian actually attempted to keep this format alive on the show, but it just did not fly. But I definitely applaud him for his efforts. He has definitely shown that he has been with us on this campaign from day one, and he will remain a friend of OSA no matter what his future endeavors.

So on behalf of the council, I'd like to take the time here to thank everyone else at the OSA who was a part of this, whether it was sending in requests to the show or just sending along words of encouragement to us while this was going on. None of this would have been possible without any of you. If anything, this particular project ended on an extremely high note, culminating with Nightwish getting their very first prime-time airing in this country, and airplay of both new and old era videos that were never seen in the U.S. before. This is more than any of us could have ever expected when we started this, and we will never forget it.

At the present time I am waiting to receive a copy of the prime-time Rocker Girls airing from Christian, and once I have figured out how to get it online, I will upload it to the OSA site so that everyone can see it. The requests for a copy of this from European fans was also overwhelming. Honestly, it is so amazing how time and time again our friends from other parts of the world reach out and do their part to help OSA in promoting this music in our humble corner of the earth. ;) I really do mean it when I say that we could never do this without all the great people who are supportive of us.

And as another saying goes, "where a door closes, a window opens", which means that now this project has ended, and OSA will move on to the next one, whatever that may be. Because we never give up!