2 questions about Pod XT Pro

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Hi, do you know how to connect Pod XT Pro as an insert loop effect into a Peavey Tube Preamp? I want to use it only as FX device.
I connected Preamp's Send into Pods Front Input and the Pod's Rear Unbalanced Output into Preamps Return. This way it worked (sounde weird though), but there must be anothe way without using the Front Input.

Another question.

I recorded into Cubase 2 tracks of clean signal to reamp. No problem with reamping. I have 2 stereo tracks with Bogner Amp Simulation and CONDENSER mic, and then the same tracks with Bogner Amp and SM57 mic. So it must be like If I had recorded a miced amp with 2 different mics.
The problem is that they sound good, but both together sounds really bad. I inverted phase of two tracks, sound improved but still does'nt sound good enough as it should.

Thank you-

If we talk about FX Loop, then you wire FX Loop's send and POD's input.
Then from POD output the wire should go to FX Loop's return.

I hope it's understandable....

If you are using it with an amp for fx only, then you need to make sure to turn ALL amp, cabinet, mic, and EQ settings off...bypass everything except the effects you want to use.

As far as the problem with the recorded tone...dunno. Post a clip, we can help more with that.

~e.a

Yes, but, what Pod Input? The one in the front? I guess ther must be some input in the rear panel, I tried all but no success.

You need to put the cable into the input on the front, the one you would put your guitar directly.

I did that with my Zoom G9 processor before and now, with Rocktron Xpression

You need to put the cable into the input on the front, the one you would put your guitar directly.

I did that with my Zoom G9 processor before and now, with Rocktron Xpression

I tried this, connecting the cable in the front input and it is too noisy, I don't know why!

Nobody ever did this?

I also tried connecting to the rear's Line Level Input and changing the input to "Line" using "I/O & Dig" button. But his way, it doesn't sound at all.