2004 lists revisited

Doomcifer said:
More details please and some comparisons if possible. Also, where can I purchase it?
Well you must know that its not power metal as Airged Lamh or Slough Fegare power metal for example. Ion Vein's music is built on the foundations of the grand Seattle legacy. Its POWER metal but has some progressive elements too. The music reminds you pf Queensryche, Lethal, Heir Apparent's first album perhaps, some Crimson Glory. You know, not epic or raw material, but more elegant and lyrical themes, with the main force being flown through RIFFS of course. The album is really guitar based, its full of UNBELIEVABLE riffs, i cant understand how they came up with these ideas. Now that im thinking of it, you enjoy Zero Hour so you might dig Ion Vein's music. Think also that the album needs some attention and few listening sessions, so that you can totally understand its feelings.

snow2fall said:
They just make me want to pull the plug at once.
Fans of funeral doom cant really comment on any other music. They listen to the shittiest shit ever, just pure NOISE without any substance. Crap of the craps, more homosexual than mr garisson, and other beautiful things. Thats it.

IOfTheStorm said:
Well you must know that its not power metal as Airged Lamh or Slough Fegare power metal for example. Ion Vein's music is built on the foundations of the grand Seattle legacy. Its POWER metal but has some progressive elements too. The music reminds you pf Queensryche, Lethal, Heir Apparent's first album perhaps, some Crimson Glory. You know, not epic or raw material, but more elegant and lyrical themes, with the main force being flown through RIFFS of course. The album is really guitar based, its full of UNBELIEVABLE riffs, i cant understand how they came up with these ideas. Now that im thinking of it, you enjoy Zero Hour so you might dig Ion Vein's music. Think also that the album needs some attention and few listening sessions, so that you can totally understand its feelings.

That sounds pretty good. I really need to investigate further into this album. I really appreciate the recommendation. Yes, I do enjoy the more "raw" stuff but as you said, I do enjoy Zero Hour and the like so I must seek this Ion Vein album album since I usually value your opinion when it comes to this kind of music. Also, I noticed that you mentioned it as one of the best albums of the new millenium at Hellride. I will check out this album and once it is completely absorbed, let you know my feelings. Thanks!

IOfTheStorm said:
Fans of funeral doom cant really comment on any other music. They listen to the shittiest shit ever, just pure NOISE without any substance. Crap of the craps, more homosexual than mr garisson, and other beautiful things. Thats it.

dude, you listen to porcupine tree. i'd think of a witty insult, but my first sentence is insulting enough.

Drone is noise and annoying. Funeral doom, when played right (Stormcrowfleet), is amazing.

Doomcifer: Yea well, im full of enthusiasm when talking about this kind of music (since is probably my favourite metal material) and bands like Ion Vein who are totally underground yet they deserve so much. I really hope that you will like it, i hope that this album will find its place to every power metal fan's cd player, its a CRIME that albums like this one dont have a decent distribution and bands like Ion Vein (and Zero Hour) or Power Of Omens (r.i.p.) are still trying to have their albums availavable for everyone.
You know what you have to hear? CAULDRON BORN, another lost american power metal band (these guys are EPIC) i will upload a song that will drive you nuts.
J: You are J

Anyone else get the feeling that if Doomcifer met IOfTheStorm they'd begin a spontaneous and relentless fuck session? You dudes are so into each other. You'd both be talking about your favorite bands and the feelings they give you, then there would be a little awkward laugh, then silence as you stared into each others eyes, then...meh, you get the point.

malakia.gif

IOfTheStorm said:

Funeral doom? Surely you mean drone doom. Mournful Congregation write the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

nick, didnt you tell me about them in a pm recently? i really need to hear some of their stuff.

also: Fates Warning's FWX is TEERRRRRRIBLE. i dont know how that could top anyones list. but since it did, ill give it one more try.

IOfTheStorm said:
Haha

You're so lovable, I dunno what this forum would do without you

Thanatopsis123 said:
Anyone else get the feeling that if Doomcifer met IOfTheStorm they'd begin a spontaneous and relentless fuck session? You dudes are so into each other. You'd both be talking about your favorite bands and the feelings they give you, then there would be a little awkward laugh, then silence as you stared into each others eyes, then...meh, you get the point.

Oh, that was witty. :rolleyes:

IOfTheStorm said:
Doomcifer: Yea well, im full of enthusiasm when talking about this kind of music (since is probably my favourite metal material) and bands like Ion Vein who are totally underground yet they deserve so much. I really hope that you will like it, i hope that this album will find its place to every power metal fan's cd player, its a CRIME that albums like this one dont have a decent distribution and bands like Ion Vein (and Zero Hour) or Power Of Omens (r.i.p.) are still trying to have their albums availavable for everyone.
You know what you have to hear? CAULDRON BORN, another lost american power metal band (these guys are EPIC) i will upload a song that will drive you nuts.
J: You are J

I have been trying to find Cauldron Born for a few months now. I hear the same opinion from a lot of people. Upload that shit. :cool: