2006 CDs and shows - your favorites?

Really looking forward to the new SX album

my favorite purchased album this year would be the new album which came out in november of last year "us and them" by shinedown. ya i know most of you guys prolly have never even heard of em but there one of my top bands. not a lot of the crazy solos ive grown acustomed to with bands like SX, and Sonata artica dragonforce but still like the music.

Don't know if I posted in this thread before. In case not:

Most anticipated albums:

Iron Maiden(!)
Virgin Steele(!)
Symphony X(!)
Blind Guardian(!)
Wuthering Heights(!)
Blaze(!)

Albums i've bought:
Edenbridge - The Grand Design (seems to be very good)
Elvenking - The Winter Wake (haven't listened to it enough but first impression was that it wasn't very good)

Shows i've been on:
Dio, Lordi, Billy Idol at MiljoonaRock in Finland

Was a pretty OK show. Lordi sucked tho

I saw finntroll in january, and it was one of the greatest shows I had ever been too, a small theater PACKED with vikings and hot goth chicks alike shaking fists in synchronicity. I could have been in norway, celebrating a successful raid. Also didn't hurt that my band got to play just before them for some weird lucky reason!

Also I saw WASP and, you'd expect the band to sound tired and washed up, but it was actually a very solid show, with all the energy you would expect if you saw them 20 years ago, a really tight band and played all the great songs.

ALso opeth/devin townsend/dark tranquillity... I don't even need to say more

the best albums i've heard released this year would be the new into eternity and rhapsody of fire cds. the into eternity just pwnds me, with so much to offer a fan of any style of metal, and the rhapsody is a nice mellower breath of fresh air. Also the latest dragonforce release "inhuman rampage" is pretty much the most shred pwnage album i've heard since their last one. I can't think of any other shredder bands with better compositional skills and sense of melody

Best albums from 2006 are Rage's Speak of the Dead (solid but a step down from the amazing Soundchaser) and In Flames' Come Clarity (good "back loaded" album that is still a big step down from Soundtrack to Your Escape (I realize I am one of the few people on "real metal" forums that liked that disc ;))).

As for the rest of the year, I am eagerly awaiting Iron Maiden's new album as well as Symphony X's, obviously, which I hope will be a return to the pre-Odyssey sound (didn't like that one much, as I felt the songwriting was too uneven). Can't wait to hear the new Grave Digger too, but that one's slated for release early next year.