2006 CDs and shows - your favorites?

Taliwakker said:
seeing as you've just listened to it Matt...what are your thoughts on it....surely you are a touch dissapointed?

Well, considering I listened to it with zero expectations (I've never listened to a lot of Soilwork and I knew it was not going to sound like Blind Guardian or Savage Circus) I thought parts of it were pretty cool. I like Speed's clean vocals a lot. Some of it reminded me of Pantera. Guitar playing was cool. Don't really have much more to say until I listen to it more.

Týr - Eric the Red (re-release)
Týr - Ragnarok (out sept 22)
symphony x (of course)
meat loaf - bat out of hell III
dream theatre - score
Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
there's a few more, but they're expected next year

Kamelot- The Black Halo
Chris Caffery's WARPED

hated the Caffery at first but it grew on me in a weird way, now it's one of my favs.

Best show of the year 2006 so far was Riverside in Verviers, Belgium, hands down. Sieges Even in Essen, Germany, was wonderful as well, but marred by their short setlist... Deadsoul Tribe really isn't a band cut out for playing 2 hours live.

Really looking forward to Blind Guardian's new album (which I just KNOW will be great) as well as their tour.

Well Kamelot is calling their US tour "The Black Halo over North America" and it's gonna be fucking awesome, so :kickass:

ProgMetalFan said:
I really wasn't expecting to like this and paid no attention to it... but randomly saw the video for "Promiscuous" recently and was hooked... it's mainstream dance pop... but it's just done so well. There's definately a depth and integrity to this that is absent from a lot of the similar stuff out there.

So I heard this song for the first time just now (give me a break, I was out of the country for two months) and I love it. It's awesome. I really hate that song I'm Like a Bird, and I've never really cared for Timbaland either, but this is great.

Beelzebub said:
If 10 or more of the following symptoms apply to you, you may be suffering from a disease called "Poseuritis". Contact your local Metallurgist for a diagnosis immediately.

42. You think that Metalheads aren't supposed to like music that's not Metal.
:p