2007 Wish List

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Never too early to start!! So who would be on your wish list for Chicago PowerFest 2007?

Here is my list:
Power Quest (What a shocker!!!! :) )
Metalium
Candlemass
Machine Men
Grave Digger

I'll pass on Candlemass... with Messiah gone, there are a hundred other doom bands I'd rather see, especially Solitude Aeturnus or Memory Garden.

Metalium = blech

I haven't heard Power Quest. The other two would be cool to see.

I am not 100% sure on what bands would be on the level of this fest. Though Grave Digger
Hammerfall
Metalium
Cerebus
Imagika
Gaia Epicus
Avian
Afrit (anyone from chicago heard of them?)

would all be excellent choices.

My #1 recommendation for CP 2007 is still Ram-Zet. Heavy as fuck, progressive, and unusual... and everyone I know who has heard them, who is a fan of death vocal metal, seems to love them. The only problem is that they're not too well-known yet, so they'd have to be a #2 or #3 band, and considering that six people would have to be flown in, it might be a little expensive for a low slot.

Did I mention Solitude Aeturnus??? ;)

Meshuggah, God Forbid, DieCast, Novembers Doom, All That Remains, and Neurothing. I know i'm pushin it but this is a wish list right!

And new Diecast album coming out in mid-September...hmmm...you never know.

Also, Vito...there's at least one band on your list that we'll be inviting...but I'll let you wonder which one. :devil:

Also, we've discussed implementing a sponsor-a-band option if anyone is willing to fork the cash to pay for a band's expenses/fee.

Of course, the band would have to be approved by the committee (Chris, John & myself ;)).

Although, you know what they say - "Money Talks" :p

Rob, it better be BRAINSTORM!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Power Quest is my #1 vote. Given the recent out of nowhere success of DragonForce, you should consider (even if it isn't your cup of tea) I know they really were hoping to make their US debut this year.

Jasonic said:
Rob, it better be BRAINSTORM!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Power Quest is my #1 vote. Given the recent out of nowhere success of DragonForce, you should consider (even if it isn't your cup of tea) I know they really were hoping to make their US debut this year.

I hope it's Brainstorm too. You can see DragonForce on Ozzfest this year if you really want. DragonForce on ozzfest has to be the weirdest choice I've heard for that festival.

I saw these guys in New Jersey & New York in the past few months and have to say they're one of the best young metal bands this country has to offer.

Flying in bands from Europe is great and adding Chicago metal bands makes sense, but lets get behind the bands like Icarus who are actually out there making a stand for classic American metal despite all these trends.:headbang:

Alright. Here's a far better wish list for next year. :)

Labyrinth
Lethal
Communic
Persuader
BloodBound
Eidolon
Antithesis
Manticora
Demons & Wizards
Enertia
Mystic Prophecy
Pharaoh
Virgin Steele
Wolf

I think that's too many bands. But any of those will do...

- Alex