2007 Wish List

Alex12345 said:
Alright. Here's a far better wish list for next year. :)

Labyrinth
Lethal
Communic
Persuader
BloodBound
Eidolon
Antithesis
Manticora
Demons & Wizards
Enertia
Mystic Prophecy
Pharaoh
Virgin Steele
Wolf

I think that's too many bands. But any of those will do...

- Alex

WOLF would be awesome, plus I think they have a new album coming out really soon!!!!

Alex12345 said:

Labyrinth
Lethal
Communic
Persuader
BloodBound
Eidolon
Antithesis
Manticora
Demons & Wizards
Enertia
Mystic Prophecy
Pharaoh
Virgin Steele
Wolf

- Alex

I second your vote for Eidolon, I've been dying to see them live forever. They just put out a new album this year also.

Alex12345 said:

Labyrinth
Lethal
Communic
Persuader
BloodBound
Eidolon
Antithesis
Manticora
Demons & Wizards
Enertia
Mystic Prophecy
Pharaoh
Virgin Steele
Wolf

- Alex

That's what I call a nice list.

I see Communic is on a couple of lists. They would certainly get me on a plane bound for Chicago, should they get a slot on the bill. :headbang:

Others:
Sencirow
Vicious Rumors
Pharaoh
Icarus Witch
Abandoned(old school thrash)
Benedictum

I thought of another one..
DIONYSUS

Great power metal band. Their singer Olaf fronts Luca Turilli's solo band.
They have a new album coming out this year as well.

Alright,
I am going to throw a band out here that some may like and others will not, and that is fine.

Rob has stated that they want to shake the "power metal" tag of the fest.

Has any thought or consideration been given to MY DYING BRIDE?
They have only done one small US leg, supporting DIO about 10 years ago.

They have just released a new album.

Their label mates KATATONIA are touring currently to rave reviews.

I think there could be some demand.

Thoughts?

Hey Hey! Powerfest Maniacs! I'm getting psyched for the 2007 show. Listening to Nocturnal Rites (New World Messiah) and thinking about a wish list. Nope not Christmas, fuck that jolly red fat man. This thread got the wheels turning in my brain...

1) I'll let you guys have my wife if you get Maiden up there on stage in 07 (I can dream right?)
2) Gotta throw out the Venom mention -- every time I here them I just want to kill a deer with my hands and eat the flesh from the bone (mmmm fur)
3) Alice Cooper --nuff said

Now that those are out the way, how about Akercocke? Nice dark band ;)

Bands I would love to see:
Blaze
High on Fire
Beautiful Sin
Dream Evil
Seven Witches
Borknagar

Yeah no chance in hell, but that is why it is merely a wish list. Keep it fucking heavy, and take care!

I'd like to see Jag Panzer make an appearance personally! Others would be

Blistered Earth
Testament (yeah, sure...)
Avian
Iron Fire
Twisted Tower Dire

and maybe, just maybe
Ion Vein (if you can pull it off)

Jag Panzer
Testament
Twisted Tower Dire

I like those recommendations!!!
While I love ION VEIN, I think if the fest is to grow, it needs to move beyond booking the expected bands. Otherwise, Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate will eventually be known as, "Oh yeah, those bands that are the Powerfest house band!!!"

Hey Hey! Powerfest Maniacs! I'm getting psyched for the 2007 show. Listening to Nocturnal Rites (New World Messiah) and thinking about a wish list. Nope not Christmas, fuck that jolly red fat man. This thread got the wheels turning in my brain...

1) I'll let you guys have my wife if you get Maiden up there on stage in 07 (I can dream right?)
2) Gotta throw out the Venom mention -- every time I here them I just want to kill a deer with my hands and eat the flesh from the bone (mmmm fur)
3) Alice Cooper --nuff said

Now that those are out the way, how about Akercocke? Nice dark band ;)

Bands I would love to see:
Blaze
High on Fire
Beautiful Sin
Dream Evil
Seven Witches
Borknagar

Yeah no chance in hell, but that is why it is merely a wish list. Keep it fucking heavy, and take care!

Your posts tend to scare and entertain at the same time!

While I love ION VEIN, I think if the fest is to grow, it needs to move beyond booking the expected bands. Otherwise, Ion Vein and Twelfth Gate will eventually be known as, "Oh yeah, those bands that are the Powerfest house band!!!"

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're right. On the other hand, if I were them and I promoted a festival, I'd have my band at least involved (maybe the pre-show or something).

You're right, which is why we've decided to give both Ion Vein & Twelfth Gate a break from the fest in 2007. And if either comes back in 2008, we'll probably start alternating years....starting with IV most likely since they are almost done with their new album...well, at least once they find a new singer anyway. Hopefully, real soon!!