2009 Touring

Pascal79

Jun 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
What's in store for Testament after the Priest Feast in Europe? If anybody has some insiders they would like to share then please go ahead. Will they be a part of 2009's Gigantour? I personally would rather like to see the band headline a full North American tour with some solid openers. I'm sure the band is hungry for a longer set.

Who would you like to see Testament tour with in 2009? If you could choose one co-headline and one opener who would it be? Who knows, maybe the band will listen to the fans!

I would like to see the following:

Testament
DevilDriver (co-headline)
Death Angel (opener)

I would like to see Testament, Death Angel and Overkill hit the road together. Quite frankly, I don't care to see any recent bands open for them, with the exception of Evile.

~Brian~

With the touring match up of Megadeth and Testament would be amazing.....if only that happened in the States right?

Hopefully Gigantour will put Testament as the main supporting act.

Btw if Death Angel and DD were on the bill it is for certain that Death Angel should not be the opener.

Since the 'Thrash Revival' bands are gaining popularity it would be awesome to see Toxic Holocaust, Warbringer, and HeXen be opening acts.

I doubt this would happen but that 'thrash' gigantour would kick ass

Well if they are on Gigantour, and it would be awesome if they are. I would like Kreator, Destruction, Annihilator, Exodus and Forbidden too. Mustaine should put together a thrash metal package at least once.

What the hell's Devildriver?

Yeah, I'd love them to have a tour with OVERKILL and DEATH ANGEL (I've been hoping for that for years). SAVATAGE or ARMORED SAINT would be great to (if only they were around)

I wouldn't mind if METALLICA has taken them on their tour (MEGADETH, AC/DC, G'n'R, DREAM THEATER or SLAYER would be cool too for exposure reasons :))

As for the Bay Area bands, I'd be more than extremely happy to see DEFIANCE, FORBIDDEN or HEATHEN open for TESTAMENT.

If it has to be a newer band, let it be NEVERMORE, SPASTIC INK, SPIRAL ARCHITECT or NEUROSIS

Devildriver is a band on roadrunner. It's the old vocalist from Coal Chamber. High Priest, I wouldn't call Nevermore or Neurosis a new band, they have been around for awhile.

I would love to se a thrash trio brough to Europe: Testament, Exodus, Death Angel!:kickass:
They're on the same label (Nuclear Blast) and it's been talked about it.:worship:

Devildriver is a band on roadrunner. It's the old vocalist from Coal Chamber. High Priest, I wouldn't call Nevermore or Neurosis a new band, they have been around for awhile.
Thanks for the explanation. I might check them out to have an opinion as they seem to be getting a lot of recognition these days.
As for the "newer" bands, I was a little sarcastic and by listing bands that are over 10 years old, just a couple of years younger than Testament, I tried to show what I think about the really new bands. Still, those bands seem to be pretty popular among the kids, so there's something new or rather young about them. I honestly can't think of a young band whose sound would be bearable that would be popular enough to bring their own big crowd at the same time. People seem to like bands like In Flames, Deftones, Lamb of God, System of a Down or Children of Bodom, so perhaps getting one of them on tour would be wise (yes, they're not completely fresh as well).
Back to the older bands, Sepultura, Obituary and Suicidal Tendencies both come to my mind too, but it would be better if Testament managed to team up with some of the bands from my previous post.