2010 Recto Clips (Ola Content!)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
New%20Recto.jpg

The 2010 Rectifier is a fuckin' beast :heh: Need I say more? It sounds really tight and aggressive compared to the other 3 channels I've played. This is my first 10 minutes with the amp, so be kind :headbang:

EDIT FOR SINGLE MIC'D CLIPS FOR BOTH (NO MORE FREDMAN)

Here is a comparison of the 2010 Recto (single mic'd) and Racktifier (single mic'd).

Recto: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/2010 RECTO OLA.mp3

Rackto: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/2010 RACKTO OLA.mp3

Recto > Rackto IMO, at least by these clips! (the Rackto sounds more muffled and less saturated, so maybe with different settings the gap would be narrowed) Also, you play guitar and have some mixing chops, how come you pretty much only seem to re-amp other people's stuff for your tests? (especially stuff that I've heard 476 versions of that now all sound the same...such as this :D) And no I don't have any DI's for you :p

EDIT: Ah, I see you Fredman mic'ed the Rackto as well - either way, the Recto clip indeed sounds awesome, though it's a pity you can't bring down the bass, it's too loud (and maybe low-middy) for this kind of chunky-ass tone IMO (which is what I like, thus I've decided that all bass mids must go - GAS'ing for a BDDI! :D)

I rarely add my input to these tone comparisons, mostly because 9 times out of 10, I can't hear any difference between what people are comparing. In this instance though, the Recto sounds HUGE compared to the racto. Awesome tone dude.

Ah, more GAS....

Bobby

I find the 2010 Recto sounds better than the Racto.

Do you have a clip of the previous 3-channel Recto to compare? In your opinion, how much has the 2010 improved on the previous Recto?

Recto > Rackto IMO, at least by these clips! (the Rackto sounds more muffled and less saturated, so maybe with different settings the gap would be narrowed) Also, you play guitar and have some mixing chops, how come you pretty much only seem to re-amp other people's stuff for your tests? (especially stuff that I've heard 476 versions of that now all sound the same...such as this :D) And no I don't have any DI's for you :p

EDIT: Ah, I see you Fredman mic'ed the Rackto as well - either way, the Recto clip indeed sounds awesome, though it's a pity you can't bring down the bass, it's too loud (and maybe low-middy) for this kind of chunky-ass tone IMO (which is what I like, thus I've decided that all bass mids must go - GAS'ing for a BDDI! :D)

I agree that the backing track Ermz made had a bit too much bass in it, but otherwise it was fantastic, hence why I'm using it.

I will be making my own clips soon. I don't have much time to compose songs and riffs. I work many hours a week and reamp on my breaks from work :headbang:

Thanks for the kind words, Marcus.

I think I dialed in the Rackto like shit, TBH, and the Fredman muddied it up a bit. I have non fredman clips. Let me post 'em.

Lasse currently owns the rackto and says it's "one of/if not the best recto(s) he's ever heard."

I find the 2010 Recto sounds better than the Racto.

Do you have a clip of the previous 3-channel Recto to compare? In your opinion, how much has the 2010 improved on the previous Recto?

I've never liked a previous 3-Channel Recto I've heard aside from The_Shred's clips (James). I'm not sure what it was, but I dialed it in the same as I usually do and I got something I loved.

Has the new Recto got any significant circuitry alterations? In this case the Rec beats the Rack, but I'd happily work with either of them.

Sorry about the excess bass on the backing track. I put that one together quickly, and as most of us know low-end can be the thing that takes longest to tweak up.

I should probably put up a newer version for people to use, with an automated snare during the blasts and actual toms.