2010 Recto Clips (Ola Content!)

Oh god that makes far too much sense. You don't even want to know what kind of stupid shit I came up with trying to figure out something that had to do with spending more time with the amp.

Haha, yup, been there! (you used to be epic with those abbreviations, I remember PEBKAC really doing my head in way back when :lol: )

Could you guys please stop showing great amps that I don't have!!!
That way I'll never cure from GAS :lol:

Now seriously,
Thanks for the shootout.
The new rectifier seems to have less mids and more presence than the Racktifier. (More modern sounding)
From the 2ch to the 2000 3ch that difference was already evident to me.
Maybe the 2010 3ch has even more presence and less mids than 2000 3ch

It also could be settings or mic position.
Did you use the same settings?
Was it done on the same cabinet and speaker?
Even so positioning is so sensitive...

I used the same mic position on the same speaker of the same cab in the same room with the same mic, etc. The positioning may have been off my a few millimeters, but I'm pretty consistent.

I think both are awesome. The Rackto has a bit more smoothness and is a little more balanced, but I wanted more growl. I found it :headbang:

Ermz, no need to apologize. It's not "bass heavy" at all. If people thinks that , they are plain wrong. It's all subjective of course, but I think that bass is a good thing. Like when you hear a mix and there's absolutely no bass until the subdrop kicks in, and destroys the mix, because you realize that the bass actually sounds like a mosquito and not a roaring monster. IMO, a bass should be a roaring monster. Fuck, being in front of a 200,000Watt PA and hear the low end is a truly earthshaking experience.

More bass for the people!

Yeah, I'm drunk and rambling like a bastard. ;):headbang::lol::zombie::heh::Smokin::zombie:

Well, I think when I record the guitars as close to zero as possible without palm muting clipping the input and I have the guitar bus at +6dB, the bass may be a little too loud. If the bass was split into two tracks (one for the highs and one for the lows), if the "high" track went down in volume, it may sit perfectly.

-Greg

Greg, I have a favor to ask - between your tone and Ermz' backing track, this is BY FAR the best version of this song I've heard, but I seriously want to come down to Gay Island and strangle you every time it cuts off :lol: If you could re-amp the entire thing and upload it, I'd be eternally grateful! :headbang: (and a backing track with lower bass would be nice too, Ermz, if you can be arsed :D)

Greg, I have a favor to ask - between your tone and Ermz' backing track, this is BY FAR the best version of this song I've heard, but I seriously want to come down to Gay Island and strangle you every time it cuts off :lol: If you could re-amp the entire thing and upload it, I'd be eternally grateful! :headbang: (and a backing track with lower bass would be nice too, Ermz, if you can be arsed :D)

Would be a possibility for your search Marcus;)

:lol:

Ermz is now offering reamping of his own, so maybe he will give this a running shot. I don't think he has time to remix backing tracks for test reamps, but if he does (I'm sure he will see this thread), I'd be glad to give this a shot.

Sorry about it cutting off, the recto came in the mail during the last half hour of my hour break from work, and I wanted to share my excitement with you guys, so I threw up a mic for a reamp and recorded as much as I could that I wouldn't be late back to work. It seems like everyone liked my most premature reamp :loco:

The Racto-clip with +1db@300hz, -3db@500hz and +1db@8khz seems to narrow the difference. Also, the Recto seems a little louder in the mix so reduce one db or so.

Maybe Mesa just changed the voicing a little, made it more scooped, the Recto2010 is not really "tigther"..is it?

...and yeah, I have a 5150III on my GAS list too..either that, an Invader150 (newer ones) or the Dime Blacktooth if it ever comes out.