Fortin Natas Clips Inside (Will be updated often!)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
Hey guys,

I recently got my Fortin Natas, which is the most responsive and modern sounding amp I've ever heard. It has a magical way of sitting in a mix, and a awesome sparkle and grind to it.

I promised a few guys free reamping with the Natas, and here is the first clip.

Sacha Laskow of Divinity's "Abberant"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/Sacha Lakow- Abberant (Natas Reamps).mp3

This reamp was done with the Natas into the Recto Cab mic'd with a single SM57. No magic here; all tone :)

This track was composed, performed, recorded, mixed, and mastered, by Sacha Laskow of Perfect Fifth Studio, and reamped by yours truly, Greg Tomao at The Tomato Farm Studio.

Thanks a lot for supplying the tracks, Sacha. It was a pleasure hearing your 32nd note runs machine gunned into my face at 97dB through my cab :kickass:

More clips will come as soon as the projects with the reamps are completed :)

EDIT: This is not in rate my mix, because it is going to be a compilation of all Natas related things ;)

Cheers Greg! Killer amp, way to bubble up my latent amp GAS again hehe...

Hardly had to do fuck all to it in the mix, just a TINY bit of 2k with Nebula GML for some cut (busy arrangement) and some VCC on the bus, that's it! Like he said it really carves it's own space in the mix and makes frequencies its bitch.

Holy shit this sounds perfect for techy stuff.

fuck

edit : this might just sound perfect (period)

Do you think it handles more melodic stuff as well?

edit 2 : seriously this is amazing, I might hit you up for reamps somewhere down the road

Cheers man :) Sacha's playing didn't hurt the situation at all ;)

Yes, it can handle anything you throw at it. There are two more Natas reamped tracks that have a lot of melodic elements that will be posted to this thread as soon as they are released.

Cheers,

Greg

killer tone, Greg! awesome work (from both of you).
the "fit in the mix" aspect is indeed impressive. seems to be another amp that doesn't cheat itself in the foreground with a certain sound characteristic and just puts out a well balanced guitar sound. great!

i wonder if they build a "dog" amp someday. :Spin:

Cool stuff guys. I do enjoy the character of this amp.

How's its level of 'junk' compare to the 5150 III (which is generally quite high)?

Zero junk. That's the beauty of the amp. There's an insane lack of odd-order harmonics, and some design aspects of the amp that create unreal note clarity. The voicing remains present, chimey, and organic, but cuts without interfering with other mix elements.

You pay for what you get, and you need to take time to learn to dial it in, because the controls actually change the voicing of the amp by shifting the tonestack depending where they're put.

The amp is totally different from when you heard those raws; the implementation of proprietary transformer sets really did the trick ;)

killer tone, Greg! awesome work (from both of you).
the "fit in the mix" aspect is indeed impressive. seems to be another amp that doesn't cheat itself in the foreground with a certain sound characteristic and just puts out a well balanced guitar sound. great!

i wonder if they build a "dog" amp someday. :Spin:

Cheers Andy. Can't wait to get going on those new tracks :)

Sacha's playing doesn't hurt the situation by any means, but the difference between my reamps with this amp and those done with other amps is pretty drastic.