The Mills Acoustic Cab Has Arrived! (CLIPS INSIDE)

Oh, really nice.

The cab definitely pushes a lot of low-mids, but at the same time they don't seem out of control.

Yeah, I've noticed it doesn't really have any weakness in that region. The cabinet doesn't disagree when you lower the mid-knob either!

It sounds very good, as all your reamps :)

It would be interesting to hear with a mic on the V30 only.

How would you describe the sound between this cab and a mesa?
Although it is comparing apples to oranges because of the different speakers configuration..

I can say that because I have a Mesa with V30s and another one with the same configuration as the Mills you bought. (V30s + GK100s X-pattern) and the sound of the GK100s makes the sound on the Mesa more straight forward, middier and denser.

I have been looking for this Mills cabinet but they ask for US$600 for shipping to Portugal :OMG:

I like it. Its a very round, tight sound you've got. Its nice to here a change from the generic saturated crunch the majority of the reamps on this forum are.

It sounds very good, as all your reamps :)

It would be interesting to hear with a mic on the V30 only.

How would you describe the sound between this cab and a mesa?
Although it is comparing apples to oranges because of the different speakers configuration..

I can say that because I have a Mesa with V30s and another one with the same configuration as the Mills you bought. (V30s + GK100s X-pattern) and the sound of the GK100s makes the sound on the Mesa more straight forward, middier and denser.

I have been looking for this Mills cabinet but they ask for US$600 for shipping to Portugal :OMG:

Thanks Eddy!

I'm doing a reamp shootout in the near future between all my amps through my 3 cabinets, micing both types of speakers in my x pattern cabinets. It's going to be a very long affair. I won't dive into that topic until I have a chance to do something like this.

Hey, sounds like a great cab.
Has anyone compared this to a Diezel 4x12 Front loaded cab?
Thanks

Both of the clips have sweet as fuck tone man, wow!
Cab looks sexy too:)

Thanks man!

Hey, sounds like a great cab.
Has anyone compared this to a Diezel 4x12 Front loaded cab?
Thanks

I'm not sure I know anyone on this forum with Diezel cabinets. I have never tried one, but everyone I know who has said it wasn't worth half of what they were charging for it.

Thanks for the kind words.

There is an AMPFEST for anyone who wants to come down to Long Island on November 28th (a Saturday) P.M. me for details. Also, anyone who is in the tri-state area who frequents this forum is more than welcome to come down to my place any time after Christmas to try out any of my gear, in case you're interested (the Friedman Modded Windsor, my special custom amp and my Mills Cab, especially).

I like what I hear greg! I have never heard about mills acoustics before. time for mare gassing :heh:

Im not quite sure why marshall cabs have such a bad rep. I own one, along with a oversized recto cab, and I prefer the marshall almost half the time!

Wow, this cab sounds great! I like both versions. I'm amazed how tight it sounds while being not fizzy. At the same time it has some serious low end. Cool.

Shogger