Fortin Amps: Natas (Yes, it's Satan backwards)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
:devil:

GuitarGodGt got me researching with that uber-ridiculous 6-channel monster he posted on post 12 of 006's "Interesting Amp?" thread. I read up on HCAF and found some insane sounding modded Marshalls, one of which is a prototype for the high-gain Natas amp that Mike Fortin is building:

Here's another one. This is a usb mic, mind you:

Sounds pretty br00tal!

I dunno, but I'm currently in the process of modding my last two amps (meaning I have 3000 dollars worth of transformers in my 4 tube heads, more than the combined value of any two of them) and I may just be impressed by this amplifier. I think it may be time to start putting 10 dollars away a day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like modded Marshalls. The JCM 800 tone, sounds like a regular JCM with a tube screamer and different mids voicing to me.

Fortin amps are based on Marshalls, but generally the consensus is they don't sound like a Marshall after Mike is done with them. He's got a knack for modding tube amps and is one of the premier guys lately. I haven't heard clips of that atrocity yet but count me out regardless. I'd rather have one channel that does one thing really good than a zillion possibilities, I'm just not a tweaker.

I haven't heard clips of that atrocity yet but count me out regardless. I'd rather have one channel that does one thing really good than a zillion possibilities, I'm just not a tweaker.

+12873298175987519827198679871876981798467

Fortin amps are based on Marshalls, but generally the consensus is they don't sound like a Marshall after Mike is done with them. He's got a knack for modding tube amps and is one of the premier guys lately. I haven't heard clips of that atrocity yet but count me out regardless. I'd rather have one channel that does one thing really good than a zillion possibilities, I'm just not a tweaker.

Ah, but since everyone has different opinions of what a good sound is, the chance of getting the Holy Grail of tone is greater. THAT's why you need a zillion possibilities in an amp. Well, maybe not a zillion, but anyway. My problem with the Fortin Meathead is that the price will be $4995...:erk:

Let me guess: It's basically three 2 channel amps with separate everything, built with the best components on the market. In Sweden that amp will cost around €6500, so it's still way out of my league, money wise. :erk:

Would love to have two though. ;)