FS: Custom Impulses

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
I am now providing custom impulses for anyone who is interested!

Prices are on a project to project basis; please contact me for details.

Amps:
Baron K2
Bogner Ecstasy 101B
Hughes and Kettner Triamp MKII
Fortin Modded EVH 5150 III
Fortin Modded Randall RD50
Fortin Natas
Marshall JVM410H
Peavey 6505

Cabs:
Engl Pro 412 (V30s)
Freyette Fatbottom 2x12
Marshall Mode Four 412 (K100s)
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 412 (V30s)
Splawn 412 (G12Ms)

Mics:
1x Audio-Technica AE2500
2x Audix i5
2x Audix D6
3x Audix D2
2x Audix D4
3x Cascade Fathead II with Lundhal Transformer
1x Heil PR20
1x Kel HM-2D
2x OktavaMod MXL 2001
2x OktavaMod MK-012
1x OktavaMod Rode NT-1a U87
1x Shure SM7B
2x Shure SM57
1x Shure SM57 (transformer removed)
2x Rode NT5

Available Microphone Preamps:

SCA A12 API Clone
SCA N72 Neve Clone

I have plenty of experience tracking guitar tones and have done work for The Empire Shall Fall, Vanisher, 26, and other great bands.

Here is a Beta impulse that I made a month or two ago for everyone to try: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

It is free, but I would greatly appreciate that if you use it, that you let people know that it is a lolzgreg impulse, and direct them to this page, or my studio myspace (www.myspace.com/thetomatofarmstudio)

This impulse was made before I even got my new API and Neve preamps, so if you guys are digging this, imagine the potential for your custom impulse. No one will have any access to your impulse aside from you, making it unique to your recordings/engineering. If you do wish for it to be a publicly sold impulse, I will offer a second set of impulses (or multi-microphone impulses) to you, free of charge, for being so generous ;)

If you help send me clients, I will also offer free impulses to you, as well as possibly free reamping depending on how many clients you send my way. Make sure to tell them to mention that you recommended me.

Also, if you use me for reamping, you can have an impulse of your reamp's microphone positioning for only $50.00 on top of the reamping charge (half off)

Contact me for more details regarding the above offer.

I am also open to working with amp simulator designers who are looking for impulses to best suit their amp sims.

I've done hundreds of custom impulse jobs. Everyone who has received a pack remarks that they offer a "natural" amp feel, tone, and response compared to other impulses they have tried.

E-mail me at greg@thetomatofarmstudio.com for details, or PM me here.

Cheers,

-Greg

That's a great idea man, I heard your reamps on your myspace before and they kick ass. Why don't you work on a small "basic" pack of impulses that we can buy to try out? By basic I mean the most used mics (57, i5) in the most commonly used position for each cabinet. Maybe even some layered impulses?

Whatever you do, don't provide a thousand options! I downloaded the RedWirez free cab and my head began to spin looking at all those mics and their angles and distances!

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. I have an impulse I've made already that some people have beta tested and loved, and I'm looking to reach out to people who are missing things in their impulses. Most impulses I've tried really blow aside from the Catharsis ones, Recabinet, and Redwire. I think I can offer impulses that really suit people's needs.

I think most people would be excited to have one or a dozen impulses that really catches their ears, that is a part of their signature sound, and uses exactly what they want, tweaked to their liking.

I don't disappoint. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

-Greg

These are pretty damn good. The one Greg sent was quite bright, a LOT of presence, a little fizzy but not too bad. Much more open than spreshigh, which tended to be a bit cloudy and high-middy. Sounds pretty fucking sick.

Holy shit that song is heavy...I'm getting some crackling over hear though...it's hot but the guitars are brutal....what do you mean a beta impulse? one for us to try ourselves? PM some info on this greg. thanks

Josh,

The Beta impulse is for free download in this thread toward the top. I figured it's the least I can do. I've already have a lot of interest and it's only been four hours since I posted this thread!

Please, leave feedback on what you think about the Beta. I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

Greg never disappoints! The impulse he posted in this thread is all I've been using for awhile now, it slays like no other, definitely try it out :worship:

Greg - You seem like a really stand up dude, and I wish you all the luck in the world man. I will definitely give your beta a whirl in the next week or so.

I've been using Ryan's impulses for a while, and think I am up for something new! So, +1 from another potential customer.

Cheers man, and good luck. Will be in touch soon.

Again, thanks for your support guys! As I said, I'm willing to really work with you to get an impulse that is everything you're missing in your current collection.

Josh,

The Beta impulse is for free download in this thread toward the top. I figured it's the least I can do. I've already have a lot of interest and it's only been four hours since I posted this thread!

Please, leave feedback on what you think about the Beta. I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

Wow dude, I tested out your Beta impulse earlier today and man was i impressed :D Its one of the best impulses i've heard for a long time, i actually prefer it to ryans s-preshigh or any recabinet impulses, its got a really cool high end and open sound, i love it haha.

How much would you be looking for if i wanted a custom impulse? or a couple of them? If this is the quality of the free beta impulse, then I'm seriously considering getting some :kickass:

lolzgreg making impulses?
Anything but an epic win wouldn't reach my expectations!
Really hope I can come back to this offer at some point (maybe if I fail hard at doing the reamps myself)