2010 Recto Clips (Ola Content!)

NO COMPARISON!!!! That Recto tone DESTROYS the Rackto tone. Rackto has a lot of hollow mids. Recto has a more balanced overall sound with a better low-end. Similar Mic positions?

I would like to hear some less "furry" DI's. Maybe Sly's.

Well done dude, that tone is monstrous. :headbang:

It's pretty cool, but I actually prefer the "Rackto" clip because it doesn't seem as cluttered. In the 2nd part of the clip, where the guitars start chugging, the rackto clip is easier to interpret and has more air to it. But the Recto would probably perfect for some modern rock tone.

^And I'd hope the cab and mic positions are the same. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of comparing them?

I'm loving both of them!
I like the Rackto better for the the smooth tone (Nevermore, sneap-ish things etc), the Recto is probably better for deathmetal a la Decapitated, Behemoth etc.
yeah, diggin both of them equally much, the rackto suits my taste a bit better though (I like the creamy smoothness)

It's pretty cool, but I actually prefer the "Rackto" clip because it doesn't seem as cluttered. In the 2nd part of the clip, where the guitars start chugging, the rackto clip is easier to interpret and has more air to it. But the Recto would probably perfect for some modern rock tone.

^And I'd hope the cab and mic positions are the same. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of comparing them?

He already said the rackto was fredman mic'd (two sm57s, one on axis, one off axis) so that's a major difference right there...

Wow guize. So many kind words. Thank you. I seriously just threw the mic up without even changing position once. I suppose this Rectifier knew my love and anticipation toward it's arrival and rewarded me with the br00tz :kickass:

I thank the people who made this clip possible (and have many times).

I will be recording my own DIs with my EMG equipped Les Paul and my Countryman for some pristine reamping in the very near future. I'll probably end up using my own DIs/backings for the big shootout I'm planning.

The Engl cab should be here on Monday. I'll have clips of that sucker up soon too.

Only two things left for the collection: 5150III and a Southbay Ampworks 412 and I'll own every amp/cab I've ever wanted.

He already said the rackto was fredman mic'd (two sm57s, one on axis, one off axis) so that's a major difference right there...

I actually updated the clips; I removed the off axis microphone for the Rackto and raised the level so they're both about the same mic positioning/eq wise.

Is it just me who notices a slight 4-6k fuzziness to the recto clips that isn't there as much in the rackto?

No, it almost rapes my ears and ruins the otherwise perfect tone for me. It does sound awesome and better than the racto, though :kickass:

I'm loving both of them!
I like the Rackto better for the the smooth tone (Nevermore, sneap-ish things etc), the Recto is probably better for deathmetal a la Decapitated, Behemoth etc.
yeah, diggin both of them equally much, the rackto suits my taste a bit better though (I like the creamy smoothness)

Really similar advice than Lasse exept I much prefer rackto...
2 channels rectifier still win for me:lol:
New one sound good but I think you loose something, new recto sound like a 3 channels standard rectifier couple with a savage in term of low end:loco:

Could you guys please stop showing great amps that I don't have!!!
That way I'll never cure from GAS :lol:

Now seriously,
Thanks for the shootout.
The new rectifier seems to have less mids and more presence than the Racktifier. (More modern sounding)
From the 2ch to the 2000 3ch that difference was already evident to me.
Maybe the 2010 3ch has even more presence and less mids than 2000 3ch

It also could be settings or mic position.
Did you use the same settings?
Was it done on the same cabinet and speaker?
Even so positioning is so sensitive...

Sorry about the excess bass on the backing track. I put that one together quickly, and as most of us know low-end can be the thing that takes longest to tweak up.

Ermz, no need to apologize. It's not "bass heavy" at all. If people thinks that , they are plain wrong. It's all subjective of course, but I think that bass is a good thing. Like when you hear a mix and there's absolutely no bass until the subdrop kicks in, and destroys the mix, because you realize that the bass actually sounds like a mosquito and not a roaring monster. IMO, a bass should be a roaring monster. Fuck, being in front of a 200,000Watt PA and hear the low end is a truly earthshaking experience.

More bass for the people!

Yeah, I'm drunk and rambling like a bastard. ;):headbang::lol::zombie::heh::Smokin::zombie: