2011 Music

Mikael Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration
i'll cum buckets if this actually happens

Also, someone mentioned Karnivool is releasing a new one this year? If that's true i am stoked as well.

Looking forward to new:

Opeth
Moonsorrow
Morbid Angel

after reading this thread....
Blackfield
Saturnus

eh i'm sure theres more but drawing a blank
how could i forget, new Devin Townsend can't wait

:popcorn: here are mine.

Opeth.
Saturnus.
Novembers Doom.
Woods Of ypres.
Gallowbraid.
Slumber. ( Now called Atoma)
Daylight Dies.
Vintersorg.
The Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society.
Evergrey.

Great list, I agree on almost all of those but would add a couple more I'm really looking forward to.

Amon Amarth
Draconian

So far this year has had one good release that I like a LOT.

Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackfieldwelcomednacover.jpg
I pre-ordered the digibook CD and the gatefold vinyl :) Amazing cover art btw.

Radiohead?! - There is a new album in the works and it have been for a while so I hope it will be out this year.

Other than Radiohead I'm looking forward to the Åkerfeldt/Wilson record and the next Opeth record even though I'm not that interested in Opeth anymore, but hey they might surprise me.

The Blackfield artwork is stunning but Blackfield never really was my cup of tea.

As an absolute huge Opeth fan, I'm very skeptical in the direction they are taking. I'm one of (what seems) the few that did not like Watershed that much at all and I LOVE all their other stuff. They need Peter and Martin back or something. :\

Which albums?

To name a few, albums from: Anathema, Barren Earth, Dark the Suns, Desultory, Embassy of Silence, Enslaved, Ihsahn, In Mourning, Indian Fall, Kylesa, Melechesh, Nachtmystium, Negura Bunget, October Tide, Orphaned Land, Solution .45, Throes of Dawn, The Vision Bleak, Volbeat, Witchery and Withered.

But I guess it depends on what you like.

there was also a serbian band named jewy sabatay who released their selftitled album, might be interesting to some kata fans.

they disbanded after their bassist committed suicide in august last year

Last edited by a moderator: