2011 Music

I was joking on the Temple of the Smoke deal.

Temple of the Dog is long gone. I believe they were a one album and done band just to commemorate Andrew Wood's death.

These are what I hope for:

Opeth: It's been 3 years, and they've said they're entering the studio and aiming for a fall 2011 release.

Katatonia: Not likely, since Viva - TGCD was a 3 year wait, and TGCD - NITND was also a 3 year wait. Still, I'm hoping for a new release since in the fall.

Mastodon: It's been 2 years, and I haven't really heard much about them lately besides scoring the soundtrack for Jonah Hex which I can't seem to find anywhere. So I assume they're locked away in the studio.

Porcupine Tree: Steven Wilson is his own musical laxative. It just flows out of him. If not Porcupine Tree, it'll be his solo project, Blackfield, No-Man, the Akerfeldt/Wilson project, or something completely different.

Trivium: Fuck the haters, I love them. They're in the studio now and I think 2011 is a safe bet.

Krallice: New album is confirmed for April. They are my favorite black metal band in existence. Nobody makes black metal like they do, majestic and terrifying at once, long songs with fully-realized ideas.

There's a few.

a couple to add to the list

40 Watt Sun (the lead singer from Warning's new band, havent heard anything but since the last excellent Warning album and the break up of the band, I'll be really excited if it's along the same lines)

Alternative 4 (New project by Duncan Patterson. Not too impressed by his Ion stuff, but I think this is supposed to be heavier)

Iced Earth (best time to make a good comeback)

For Iced Earth...this is do or die. I pretty much don't for anything since Horror Show, but since this won't be a concept album, it might come out better. The past two albums were stale and boring as hell. He got Barlow back...now please bring back the galloping Iron Metallica riffs!

cant say im excited for new radiohead or blackfield (never did anything for me)

looking forward to ulver, new anaal nathrakh and opssibly some other stuff, opeth?

ghost are awesome

For Iced Earth...this is do or die. I pretty much don't for anything since Horror Show, but since this won't be a concept album, it might come out better. The past two albums were stale and boring as hell. He got Barlow back...now please bring back the galloping Iron Metallica riffs!

Agreed! Even horror show was a letdown imo and they haven't been the same since - ripper was a bad choice and I believe the last album was written before barlow rejoined. I think the band realizes that it is a do or die situation

New Radiohead is pretty level stuff

The Strokes - Angles 3/18 (Album stream on their site right now, and HOLY FUCK 2 DAYS :D )
Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA 3/28
Thursday - No Devolución 4/12
Justice - Civilization TBA, around April