2011 Music

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
2010 was a major drag musically speaking, which means things can only get better ... mirite?

Most anticipated:
1.Tool
A Perfect Circle
Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning
Mars Volta
Karnivool

Edit: So GfD was the only one released this year...

Definitely looking forward to the new APC material. Tool, I kind of doubt will be out this year, but they could always surprise us, I suppose.

Karnivool, fuck yes. The way their sound progressed from Themata to Sound Awake, it's almost two different bands. Can't wait to hear more from them, love the vocals and lyrics.

Devin Townsend, yespls. Deconstruction sounds crazy.

:popcorn: here are mine.

Opeth.
Saturnus.
Novembers Doom.
Woods Of ypres.
Gallowbraid.
Slumber. ( Now called Atoma)
Daylight Dies.
Vintersorg.
The Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society.
Evergrey.

Hopefully the new one is better than Era Vulgaris...

EV wasn't horrible, just not great.

I thought the next DT release was Deconstruction...

I'm looking forward to...

Les Discrets
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Nacho Vegas
Dredg
Blackfield
Mikael Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration
Steven Wilson's 2nd solo album
Hopefully Tool and APC as well...

I'm mainly interested in seeing what Dev can put together for an album as a whole. For me, it will be tough to top Addicted! We'll see though.

Is APC for sure releasing a new album?

2010 was indeed pretty meh overall, October Tide was the only album worthy of my attention come to think of it..

Blackfield
Coldplay
Morbid Angel
Opeth
Daylight Dies
Shining
Textures
Mikael Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration
Steven Wilson's 2nd solo album
Slumber (now called Atoma)
The Wounded..

:D yup..heard read it on their myspace...plus i recently ran into the lead singer and talked to him for a bit...he sounded very optimistic

Did he say what it's going to sound like? Saturnus are one of those bands that never turned into a verse chorus verse goth band, hopefully they'll retain their trademark atmospheric doom metal style.

Did he say what it's going to sound like? Saturnus are one of those bands that never turned into a verse chorus verse goth band, hopefully they'll retain their trademark atmospheric doom metal style.
He told me that you can still hear that it is them...there are two new songs up on youtube...one of them has been on a while..but this one is brand new:oops:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhwN7b1WEE&feature=related[/ame]

okay sound quality

this is windtorn...the new one that's been on for a while a bit better sound quality
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZ0e_3jslY&feature=related[/ame]

Is there also a new blackfield?

Blackfieldwelcomednacover.jpg