2012 Presidential election thread

Peter Joseph

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2011
For the political junkies here, discuss on who takes the Republican nomination, will Obama be reelected and anything relating to 2012 election. I hope the greens will elected someone worth my vote, since I think all votes are leading to our corrupt system.

cd2012.png

My pick would be Ron Paul, but he doesn't have a chance. By far the best man/candidate up there.

Romney is too tied in with the traditional Republican elite. So no.

Palin. For the love of god I hope she doesn't run, she has a chance at it but I really hate that woman.

Herman Cain I think is genuinely a good man, but unlikely to get the nod after that mosque comment. He's got a good shot at VP though.

That leaves Bachman and Perry as the only two left with a chance I'd consider.

Agree with Chtulhu/Dagon

But I need to get acquainted with who's got their feet in the game, seeing as it will be my first time voting. I'm not even sure what democrats are throwing up besides Obama. I kind of like Ron Paul, but I don't think I agree with him enough to be president.

Every election cycle gets shittier and shittier. I can't wait to see who we are left with at the end of this fiasco.

Also, +1 for Cthulhu/Dagon

If Perry runs, do not vote for him. This is coming from a fellow Texan. Remember the last time American fools elected a Texan president......

He sucks as governor, he'll suck at president.

OK then. I've lived here my whole life. The dude has been our governor since 2000. He signs crazy ass anti-women's rights bills into law. If it were up to him, everyone would pray every hour to his favorite bearded man in the clouds, whilst trying to secede from the union.

Anyone who votes for him (if he runs) is goddamn pathetic.

I'm not pleased with President Obama but I don't see any better alternatives. If Palin or Bachman end up President I will seriously consider leaving the U.S.
Honestly though, if our congressman were worth a damn, it wouldn't matter as much who was president.