2013: CONSTRUCT

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
The guys have (I believe) finished recording it, so I guess we can expect something around mid 2013. What are your expectations? Fears? I just hope Niklas does the cover this time ;) .

I, personally cannot wait! We Are the Void was very much a grower (I really didn't get into it at first, but, of course, I still like it very much), so it'll be interesting to see what direction the band follows; I hope they take lots of musical risks!

And hey, I say a Garbage cover too.

So looking forward to this! Jens Bogren is a good producer too, so there's quite some excitement coming up :D
Maybe they'll do some studio reports again, that would be nice :)

Thanks for this good news! :headbang:

27th May, six days after my b-day! :cool:
(Will definitely pre-order the CD, though I have to wait a month to get it.)

Also, don't forget the new Hypocrisy and Soilwork :cool:

SWEET

I must agree with my BFF defiance ...
It's all about the music but I hope DT uses better artwork than was used for WATV

I know Niklas has gone fishing but he has the skills to pay the bills
when it comes to the art on CD covers/inserts, hopefully he will do all the artwork for Construct

As I'm always wondering and wandering ...
@ Caotio ... Do you do the cover art for the new 'rescuer' cd (with time comes comfort)?

Yeah baby. Yeah. DT time.

INDEED! Very excited about this, I just love the name "Construct".

Thanks for this good news! :headbang:

27th May, six days after my b-day! :cool:
(Will definitely pre-order the CD, though I have to wait a month to get it.)

Also, don't forget the new Hypocrisy and Soilwork :cool:

Yes new Hypocrisy! Finally! Four long years!

this. that guy's everywhere these days

Yes, and it makes me even more curious about the new album; Tue was great, excellent, of course, but it's great that the band decided to go with another one and hence innovate more! He did brilliant work with Kata Tony, TGCD is a perfect album.

Maybe they'll do some studio reports again, that would be nice :)

There will be *something* for sure, but probably no extensive webisodes like last time. Everyone probably knows what studio work is like at this point anyway, so we let the music do the talking.

@ Caotio ... Do you do the cover art for the new 'rescuer' cd (with time comes comfort)?

Nope! It does look very cool though.

We're about halfway done with the recordings and things are working out well so far. Drums are finished and the rest of the instruments are well on their way.

There will be *something* for sure, but probably no extensive webisodes like last time. Everyone probably knows what studio work is like at this point anyway, so we let the music do the talking.

We're about halfway done with the recordings and things are working out well so far. Drums are finished and the rest of the instruments are well on their way.

Thanks for the infos Niklas, very appreciated :)
I guess studio work should mostly look like last time but it's always a nice watch and a way to shorten the time till release a little bit.

Seems like there's good progress in the studio, nice.

Can we expect a new song or two at Beastival at the end of May in Geiselwind? I'll probably be there :D

fb1.jpg

I changed the title of the thread and made it a sticky, so this would be the place to share your thoughts about the album.

Nope! It does look very cool though.

I always like the Twitter pics, no matter how boring they may look to the band, a picture taken from a mobile really excites us quite a bit (at least I do get like that).

fb1.jpg

I changed the title of the thread and made it a sticky, so this would be the place to share your thoughts about the album.

Wheee my first sticky; thanks, Caotico!

Now, what's up with the bands there? And why is Rush not on the list? :p

So, with Daniel gone, who plays the bass on the album? Martin H?

-Villain

I was sad to see Daniel leave, honestly.

Niklas just mentioned over his FB site that (1) he is doing the artwork (which is great news, considering how awful the WAtV one was haha) as a I write this and (2) yes, Martin H. played the bass, something that hasn't happened since Projector.

The new album, I feel, will take a whole new different direction for the band, just the fact that Jens is producing it should be quite the game-changer, and now even more because Martin H. played the bass.

I know this forum is kind of dead, but is there any interest in another write-up for this album? I don't think I'd do one in the same style as WAtV, since that was huge, took a ton of effort, and wasn't really very widely read. Maybe a more general overview of each song with a handful of "look here" notes on each song? Is there any point to this?

There always has been, always is and always will be a point to this.

I know this forum is kind of dead, but is there any interest in another write-up for this album? I don't think I'd do one in the same style as WAtV, since that was huge, took a ton of effort, and wasn't really very widely read. Maybe a more general overview of each song with a handful of "look here" notes on each song? Is there any point to this?

Yes, please; I know you're quite busy but you always make a great analysis. And you'll have the honour of Niklas praising your dissection and making your thread a sticky (one)!

There always has been, always is and always will be a point to this.

Hear hear! :kickass: