2013 is a go!!!!!!!

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
There is plans for having a fest next year. Not much can be revealed but there are a few bands wanting in and it will be on a smaller scale compared to this years. Will it be 1 or 2 days? who knows....

I am glad that it is still going to continue. With a much larger turn out from the first year we can only hope it will continue for next year.

Also as mentioned on the Facebook page....they are trying to get a place in the city.

Me too!!!!
Formalize a sponsorship program where those who want to help can, and those who don't won't be called "non supportive" and it should be good to go!

it will be a different date...not so close to the Maryland Death Fest. It is so hard to get a good date.....literally, not many girls find me attractive. No, spring is so hard since there are tons of tours happening, fall is even worse. Summer is workable. Most people would also be willing to come out from out of town in summer rather than winter / fall. Plans are still tentative on the date / location but it will be in the city.

I agree with Jason, sponsorships are happening. They actually have always been.

Maybe they were happening, but it was certainly NOT formalized.

I mean come on.
We couldn't even get the lineup order question answered from anyone involved (And yes Bob, I am speaking to YOU too), without a reply of, "It's on the website. Go check it there" :)

Maybe they were happening, but it was certainly NOT formalized.

I mean come on.
We couldn't even get the lineup order question answered from anyone involved (And yes Bob, I am speaking to YOU too), without a reply of, "It's on the website. Go check it there" :)

it isnt my place to give info....I am a forum guy and a guy who gave suggestions. That stuff is where the money men make the calls. it isnt for me to do. I didnt even know what times and when and how long until I saw them that day writing up set times.

Hopefully once the date is picked another show isn't double booked. Cause I can tell you now, if good death metal tour show is booked at Reggies on the same day, no one will show up to the fest.

The Running Order for both days was on the website for months. It is actually still there. http://www.ragnarokkrmetal.com/details.html on the right. Jasonic...are you saying that we need to to copy and paste every answer? What is wrong with directing people to the answer that is already up? Please explain because I am completely confused about why you have a problem with it.

I think he wanted the set times. like 6 PM - Stone Magnum, 6:45 Borrowed TIme and so on.....not that big a deal. it would be nice but just get there on time.

The Running Order for both days was on the website for months. It is actually still there.

This is going to sound like piling on, but please take it as constructive criticism and understand that just because I mention it doesn't mean it was THAT big of a deal. That said, the website has Voltax and Pharaoh reversed from the order that they actually played. And set times would have been useful to me too, since I wanted to go to another show on Friday night and wanted to know if I could pull that off and still show up at Mojoe's in time to see Pharaoh and Virgin Steele. In the end I heard directly from Pharaoh when they would be playing (and also that they were direct support for Virgin Steele), so I got the info I needed, but if I wasn't lucky enough to be friends with Matt Johnsen of Pharaoh, those unknowns might have been enough to tip me into not going.

Oh, and while I'm piling on, this one is actually more serious: there was no information on the website about tickets on the day-of-show! The link from Mojoe's website just took me to http://www.ragnarokkrmetal.com/tickets.html At least it mentions a one-day ticket there, but advance only, and says it's "Ended". So I'm like "wtf does that all mean?" By digging into the comments on the Facebook page I at least got confirmation that tickets would be available at the door, but still no price. Again, this uncertainty nearly tipped me into just saying "fuck it" and going to see some brass bands playing in the city instead, but I guess the Metal Gods convinced me to do my duty. I still held my breath when walking up to the box office, hoping that I wouldn't be dicked over and charged a non-advance single-day premium of $35 or something, and thankfully I wasn't.

Neil

Set times change far too often to post them at all. We do that and someone will show up when they think a band is gonna start and they started earlier because the band before blew something and couldn't continue (happened at 2011) and they get pissed because they missed the band they wanted to see. Voltax switched because the drummer was red flagged by immigration and couldn't come and the replacement could only pick up 40 minutes worth of material in one day. I found this out the night before. So running order was almost pointless to post too. It's a fest. Come early and stay all day.

The use of the word "advance" when I said advance sales were ending in bold letters on the home page I thought was enough, but it wasn't. An email would have saved you from having to dig for an answer. If I would have known it was confusing, I would have changed it. Email. I get it instantly.