June update.......

I don't see what this has to do with taste of food

Well...Lock Down has great food and hung up posters for the festival. I would rather support a place like that than Kuma's where people go to think they are being cutting edge getting over priced food. Lock Down has great food, plays cool concerts, plays great music and generally a better place to eat.

I don't see what this has to do with taste of food
What's wrong with Lockdown? I went there and thought it ruled. Cool people working there, got to enjoy a Live Accept DVD while I was eating a burger called "Cruelty to Animals" and of course a side of Mac 'n' Cheese. The Waitress that served us was at the festival, I saw her losing her mind to OZ

Yeah I only suggested Kuma's because I am very unfamiliar with what there is to do in Chicago. I have spent a total of 3 days of my life there. That said, it was the best burger I'd ever had up until recently when a new local spot knocked it from its throne.

Yeah I only suggested Kuma's because I am very unfamiliar with what there is to do in Chicago. I have spent a total of 3 days of my life there. That said, it was the best burger I'd ever had up until recently when a new local spot knocked it from its throne.

exactly....Kuma's has turned into a Planet Hollywood for people in a way. People just know it because the name...I am sure the food is great as well but it get known for having metal band named food. Lock Down is a more low key place with cheaper better food. Plus like you said...great music and people who supported the festival.

I've heard this a lot. I'd say that makes it a required visit for people. It's different for you people in Chicago who are worried about their metal street cred.

Exactly...............

Bob not only tries to be kvlt with metal, but with restaurants apparently too.
If he drank beer, I bet he would refuse to try a Three Floyd's, and says it sucks, though of course never tried it......

Love ya Bobby, but score one for Odin on that observation....

Exactly...............

Bob not only tries to be kvlt with metal, but with restaurants apparently too.
If he drank beer, I bet he would refuse to try a Three Floyd's, and says it sucks, though of course never tried it......

Love ya Bobby, but score one for Odin on that observation....

not being Kvlt about food just supporting a supporter of the festival...didn't see Kuma's promoting the fest?

I've heard this a lot. I'd say that makes it a required visit for people. It's different for you people in Chicago who are worried about their metal street cred.

honestly I don't go for it having "metal cred". i go there because their burgers are awesome. Having said that, I only go there once in a great while due to the fact of how long it takes to get a seat.

honestly I don't go for it having "metal cred". i go there because their burgers are awesome. Having said that, I only go there once in a great while due to the fact of how long it takes to get a seat.

they also have a new location off of Diversy and Clark. I have walked past it a few times and it is half empty and no line. Since it is near so many other fod places and not as many hipsters....it isn't doing as good. Everytime I drive past the main location there is always a line.

not being Kvlt about food just supporting a supporter of the festival...didn't see Kuma's promoting the fest?

I am sure they owuld hang a poster if you brought it there.

My main point is you say Kuma's sucks, but have never even eaten there.

That would be like if I said, "Wow, Three Floyd's sucks because Bible of the Devil fans drink it" without ever having tried it.

Open your mind. Its a beautiful world Bobby. LEt it all in!!!!

That would be like if I said, "Wow, Three Floyd's sucks because Bible of the Devil fans drink it" without ever having tried it.

nope. I like being closed minded and bitter.

Amen

Furthermore, if as many people frequent this place as you all claim, then there is a MAJOR missed promotional opportunity here.
How about getting Kuma's to sponsor and work out some cross promotion?
Like getting people to come to Kuma's during the week for 25% with their Ragnarokkr ticket?

nope. I like being closed minded and bitter.

I've got to side with Bob on this. I've never been to Kuma's, but all I've heard about it is the food is overpriced and you have to wait a really long time to get a seat. And lots of hipsters go there. Just look at the bands they've named their burgers after... High on Fire, Mastodon, Pantera, Yob, Kaijo (who the hell is that?). Do they have a Queensryche burger or a Manowar burger? Of course not. You can try to cross promote with them, but I really doubt it would be effective.

I've got to side with Bob on this. I've never been to Kuma's, but all I've heard about it is the food is overpriced and you have to wait a really long time to get a seat. And lots of hipsters go there. Just look at the bands they've named their burgers after... High on Fire, Mastodon, Pantera, Yob, Kaijo (who the hell is that?). Do they have a Queensryche burger or a Manowar burger? Of course not. You can try to cross promote with them, but I really doubt it would be effective.

thank you Dave.....I would rather help a place like Lock Down who has Mainden DVD's playing, classic Exodus and other thrash and even some NWOBHM playing once in a while. It is a real metal place without trying hard. Plus you don't have to wait to sit down. Plus their food is excellent as well.

I don't give a rat's ass either way.
i am just saying it sounds like Kuma's is packed every minute they are open.
In Marketing class, that is called a "Target Market"
So maybe on the surface these aren't people who put on the costume like Mendoza to go out to a metal show, but they are the kind who are looking out for something new to latch onto. Sure, this fest isnt in wicker park, but they might see a poster or flyer and see an old band like Grim Reaper listed, and go, "Cool, I like Reggies. Lets check it out"

That's great that Lock Down has flyers too, but my guess is they have only a fraction of the customer base of Kuma's

Refusing to promote at an establishment because the customers aren't KVLT enough is absurd beyond belief.

Hipster $$$$$ still spends.
These hipsters come out in droves for Nachtmystium shows, Bible of the Devil shows, Pentagram shows, etc, etc.....
Why would you think they wouldn't possibly come to Ragnarokkr?
Honestly, they probably dont even know about it.

Who cares if they will go home afterwards and spin the new Mastodon?

If they come to the fest, WIN!!! IF they get turned on to another new band, WIN #2!!!
More importantly, if they come back, that means repeat business, WIN #3!!!!

Hasn't the biggest marketing struggle been getting the word out to new people?

Kuma's, whether you like it or not, could be a major source of potential new fans..........