2016 lineup...wow

PIOT

Dec 22, 2013
All i can say is WOW!!! I have only experienced PP one time in my life and that was in 2005. Being from upstate NY it is a devoted journey. I will say that i am buying my tickets on Oct. 3rd and making plans NOW!!! The lineup is great, but the deal breaker was Green Carnation. I was able to witness a date on there dreadful 1st trip to the states, that lead to the break up of the band. The show in Albany, ny that year was amazing even though they had to perform acoustically, because of baggage trouble in colorado. All i can say is amazing!

Why i am attending next year:

1: The obvious Fates Warning!! That lineup, our you serious!!!
2:Green Carnation!! Never did i ever think i would ever see them again. DVD under the bridge is amazing.
3:Devin!!!!
4:Scar Symmetry!! Great live band!!!

Consider yourself lucky. I went to two dates (NYC and Baltimore), and they were unable to do acoustics due to technical issues with the soundboards.

And, I agree. Acoustic Verses/A Night Under the Dam are in my top 5 releases of all time

PIOT,
Are you going ot see Symphony X and Overkill on Saturday at Upstate Concert Hall? My new band, Within The Fire is opening. If so, stop by the merch table after we play as I'll be there for the remainder of the evening - Always cool to talk about ProgPower with others that have been to the fest.
I hope to return next year as well....

Joe

PIOT,
Are you going ot see Symphony X and Overkill on Saturday at Upstate Concert Hall? My new band, Within The Fire is opening. If so, stop by the merch table after we play as I'll be there for the remainder of the evening - Always cool to talk about ProgPower with others that have been to the fest.

Joe

Yes i will be there after work. Looking forward to talking with you.

PIOT,

Joe

Do you have tickets for the show, i don't want to pay top dollar that night?

There is so much to like about the ProgPower 2016 line up.

FOr me I'm looking forward to

1. Ascendency
2. Devin Townsend
3. Fates Warning
4. Scar Symmetry
5. Serious Black

Very intrigued by (ie I know a few songs but have to get more familiar with the catalog:
Haken
Vanishing Point
Freedom Call
The Gentle Storm
Savage Messiah

Need to check out:
Refuge

and I know I'm the odd man out but I have tried to listen to Green Carnation and I'm just not feeling it. Very solid line up in my opinion. Anything good on Wednesday and Thursday is icing on the cake but I'll have to say that Glenn & company really set the bar high after 2015 with Evergrey/Voyager and Armored Saint/Saxon. It's going to be hard to top that.

1. Fates Warning! John Arch and one of the most influential cd's of all time? Fuck yeah, I'm in!
It doesn't hurt that they're my favorite band

2. Ascendia- One of my top discs of the year, actually it's my favorite disc of the year! And the guys are cool!

3.Vanishing Point-I only have their most recent disc but it belongs squarely in my top 20.
This band and slot will grow on me throughout the next 12 months.

4. Haken- Their music is a "have to be in the mood" thing. But when I'm in the mood for Haken, they are fanfuckstix!

5. Freedom Call-Not a big cheese eater, but live and onstage cheese is fucking awesome!
Cut me a slice of Freedom Call!

6. Serious Black- Urban Breed, back on a ProgPower stage!

The other bands here I am going to have to spend a little time with to fully digest their music.

1. Fates Warning! John Arch and one of the most influential cd's of all time? Fuck yeah, I'm in!
It doesn't hurt that they're my favorite band

2. Ascendia- One of my top discs of the year, actually it's my favorite disc of the year! And the guys are cool!

3.Vanishing Point-I only have their most recent disc but it belongs squarely in my top 20.
This band and slot will grow on me throughout the next 12 months.

4. Haken- Their music is a "have to be in the mood" thing. But when I'm in the mood for Haken, they are fanfuckstix!

5. Freedom Call-Not a big cheese eater, but live and onstage cheese is fucking awesome!
Cut me a slice of Freedom Call!

6. Serious Black- Urban Breed, back on a ProgPower stage!

The other bands here I am going to have to spend a little time with to fully digest their music.

For me...3 and I am looking for.

Ascendia. One of my top discs of the year, actually it's my favorite disc of the year! And the guys are cool! I spent almost the entire time with them on wed and fri. Great, GREAT guys!!!!!

Scar Symmetry. Bucket List

Serious Black.

I know that Milton will make me go with a Killer lineup!!!

I'm most excited for Devin Townsend, Green Carnation, and Scar Symmetry. But Serious Black, Haken, Fates Warning and Gentle Storm should also be fun.

I think I'm most stoked for Green Carnation, Fates Warning and Freedom Call specifically. :)

I sure hope we can get Devin to bring his full stage show as well.

So I'm watching the roster announcement video on the floor. Scar Symmetry is announced and I think "Hey, cool! Glenn booked a good growly band for me! That's sweet!" (I've often been the guy who sponsors the oddball growly bands...think Amorphis, Mercenary, etc.)

Then it says "One band...one album...one song" and I said "Oh, noooooooo..." in shock, thinking it could be Green Carnation performing Light of Day, Day of Darkness in its entirety....and I lost it when the logo appeared. Screamed like a schoolgirl. Voice only really came back on Friday.

So I'm basking in the warm glow of a really amazing lineup next year (Fates, our good friend Urban Breed actually singing something besides awesome Dio at karaoke, etc.) and the video says "....debuted his solo performance 12 years ago...." and I got this wondering look in my eyes, a frisson of holy-SHITedness. Then: "He showed us his progressive nipples" and I lost it AGAIN. Devy was the first performer I ever sponsored at PPUSA waythefuckback and THIS performance -- with Anneke, holy shit -- will be truly epic.

So yeah, next year's lineup is...more than adequate. :lol: :lol:

I am hoping that Anneke will play a couple of Gathering´s Mandylion songs!!!

She has also been doing some Ayreon covers, judging from recent setlists.
Yet another reason why next year's lineup is legendary.