2016 Roster and Video Announcement

Green Carnation LoDDoD
Fates Warning reunion AWtG

Holy crap!

The rest is just icing on the cake.

I've heard lots of speculation on the Wednesday/Thursday show. I'm impressed with how well the few who know are keeping the secret. The one universal rumor I kept hearing though, was that it will be on par (quality-wise) with what's already been announced. I'm excited to ehar what it will be, but have no doubt it will be great.

I really dig about 90% of this lineup. I cannot stand Devil Townsend, find A Gentle Storm to be meh and have never heard of Green Carnation. But Fates Warning is unbefreakinlievable! I was trying to figure out how I was going to swing another Euro trip next year to see their KIT appearance. Problem solved thanks to Glenn. The rest of the lineup looks great. Very much looking forward to Wed/Thurs announcements.

JOHN FREAKING ARCH!!!!!! I think it's been a while since Glenn did one of those "how the roster came together" threads, but would love to hear how he managed to pull this one off!

So is Arjen actually coming out with The Gentle Storm?
Doubt it. He did some acoustic shows with Anneke but hasn't played the live Gentle Storm dates in Europe.

Also, if Arjen was going to be setting foot on the stage, I'd imagine that would've been mentioned in the video since it would be a MASSIVE selling point.

Doubt it. He did some acoustic shows with Anneke but hasn't played the live Gentle Storm dates in Europe.

Also, if Arjen was going to be setting foot on the stage, I'd imagine that would've been mentioned in the video since it would be a MASSIVE selling point.

Yeah that all makes sense

Wishful thinking, but how about an Anneke acoustic show playing Gathering tracks :yow:

More excited about the lower-level bands than the headliners. But, that may change over time. Never really been able to get into early Fates Warning as I find John Arch's whine too hard to handle, and Devin Townsend is still quite the mystery to me.

More excited about the lower-level bands than the headliners. But, that may change over time. Never really been able to get into early Fates Warning as I find John Arch's whine too hard to handle, and Devin Townsend is still quite the mystery to me.

I know people who have changed their mind on Devin based on this video

That voice :yow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I to understand from the video that Refuge's set will only consist of materials from the five Rage albums shown? I'm not too familiar with Rage, but if I delve into their early category I don't want to get my hopes up for something that has no chance to appear in their set.

Am I to understand from the video that Refuge's set will only consist of materials from the five Rage albums shown? I'm not too familiar with Rage, but if I delve into their early category I don't want to get my hopes up for something that has no chance to appear in their set.

I think so-- the lineup for Refuge existed for those five albums (the first two Rage albums-- Reign of Fear & Execution Guaranteed-- were a different lineup as well).

Pick up Perfect Man and Secrets in a Weird World-- pretty awesome stuff.

Deal. They're definitely a band that has flown under my radar, probably because they have so many damn albums. If this is their "classic" material, it'll be cool to focus on whether I enjoy just that, rather than trying to sift through 20 albums or so.

Wishful thinking, but how about an Anneke acoustic show playing Gathering tracks :yow:

I'd say the real wishful thinking is that since no one has SAID Arjen isn't coming, that the reason they haven't announced the Wed/Thur show is because they are lining up one of his big Areyon-type projects......

That's just crazy talk though! CRAZY!

I think there's a great possibility we'll see a varied performance from The Gentle Storm.

At Night of the Prog, the band did a cover of "Eleanor" and "Strange Machines," both from Mandylion by The Gathering as well as four Ayreon covers - "Comatose," "Waking Dreams," and also "Isis and Osiris" and "Valley of the Queens" from Into the Electric Castle. :yow: