2018 album

Brell

Oct 10, 2016
Illinois
Creating this thread so we have a place to discuss/speculate/obsess about the next album. Based on the pic of Santeri's keyboards that they posted yesterday, seems like recording sessions should be commencing soon!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Don't remember the specifics of which song "Disco" was. Just remember someone on the old forum noticing that title on one of their songlists on a picture from the studio sessions. It's likely to have been something off of either Skyforger or The Beginning of Times.

Reactions: Brell
Don't remember the specifics of which song "Disco" was. Just remember someone on the old forum noticing that title on one of their songlists on a picture from the studio sessions. It's likely to have been something off of either Skyforger or The Beginning of Times.

I would bet Disco was Mission. I always thought that song had a disco-ish feel to it lol!

Couldn't be on circle. We'd be able to find that post on this forum if it were. That post was on the old forum at amorphis.net and I'm betting from memory that it was TBoT.

Mermaid?

Couldn't be on circle. We'd be able to find that post on this forum if it were. That post was on the old forum at amorphis.net and I'm betting from memory that it was TBoT.

Mermaid?

You're right, I got my albums mixed up! I was thinking of TBoT album, but thinking of songs from Circle lol!

Last edited:
Queen of Time. May 18.

amorphis-queen-of-time.jpg

I might keep an eye on Spotify tonight...

Queen of Time. May 18.

This is probably the most excited I've ever been about a new Amorphis album. Seems like they pulled out all the stops for this one....A guest appearance from Pekka Kainulainen, the return of Oppu, new songs by Oppu, that album cover, using a real orchestra & choir, Jens producing again....This one is sure to be a masterpiece!

Really exciting news. I am really excited that Pekka will recite. And orchestra & choir reminds me of final segment of Skyforger song - one of the most powerful musical moments Amorphis has ever recorded. I hope they pull it off. Again.

Tracklist

1. The Bee
2. Message In the Amber
3. Daughter of Hate [feat. Pekka Kainulainen]
4. The Golden Elk *
5. Wrong Direction *
6. Heart of the Giant
7. We Accursed
8. Grain of Sand
9. Amongst (the) Stars [feat. Anneke van Giersbergen]
10. Pyres on the Coast