20th Anniversary European Tour

I wouldn't go as far as live DVD, but a proper quality recording from some gig. It's not easy to nail the vocals and the groove when suddenly bringing in age-old songs that are not their style anymore. I'm kinda anxious how it will go if they play songs like In the Shadows.

Seriously? Nobody likes Freyberg? Has anyone actually read interviews? They have a contract, so yeah, legally Dan is not an official member, but they want to keep him and they are actually working on it? They had Antti for live shows and they surely don't want to change guitar player every year or so. They are working on keeping Daniel, who is AMAZING guitar player and tries his best to do his job.

He is their friend and I see no reason why would they kick him off.
And don't say nobody likes Danil. I do and I know MANY people who like him as well.

You're replying to some old troll comment.

But to be fair, the band does zero online interaction. Daniel should write a post describing his experiences and how much he loves COB's music. It kind of unsettled many fans when he was asked if his ultimate dream has now come true and he said 'well, I dunno' or something. Maybe a mis-choice of words, or being cool? His performance is very good. At one point Alexi said it's not a known fact that he'll be the final guitarist. And Danil doesn't smile, nobody knows his personality. So they leave a lot of room for guess work.

Just to sum up the situation in case you won't bother to read the whole thread.

The deal is, fans of COB are frustrated because it's very hard to come across people who share their passion / taste in music. So the very least they want is that the new band member does. I think Daniel's performance seems outstanding, and as long as that goes on everything should be fine. Aside from gigs, all fans truly care about is how good the new albums are.

I believe even a COB-hater could be turned COB-lover if forced to dive into the music, so the new guy should be alright as he did Naildown which shares the same musical elements. I'd like to know if those new Naildown ideas go to COB's next album if the Naildown project is put in ice. I get a trip down the memory lane twelve years back in time when I listen to Eyes Wide Open... the dark winter, the deceitful ex, the drinking...

Last edited:
You're replying to some old troll comment.

But to be fair, the band does zero online interaction. Daniel should write a post describing his experiences and how much he loves COB's music. It kind of unsettled many fans when he was asked if his ultimate dream has now come true and he said 'well, I dunno' or something. Maybe a mis-choice of words, or being cool? His performance is very good. At one point Alexi said it's not a known fact that he'll be the final guitarist. And Danil doesn't smile, nobody knows his personality. So they leave a lot of room for guess work.

Just to sum up the situation in case you won't bother to read the whole thread.

The deal is, fans of COB are frustrated because it's very hard to come across people who share their passion / taste in music. So the very least they want is that the new band member does. I think Daniel's performance seems outstanding, and as long as that goes on everything should be fine. Aside from gigs, all fans truly care about is how good the new albums are.

I believe even a COB-hater could be turned COB-lover if forced to dive into the music, so the new guy should be alright as he did Naildown which shares the same musical elements. I'd like to know if those new Naildown ideas go to COB's next album if the Naildown project is put in ice. I get a trip down the memory lane twelve years back in time when I listen to Eyes Wide Open... the dark winter, the deceitful ex, the drinking...

Well I know, but I just had to.

Alexi himself said that they wanna see hiw he does on tour and frankly, I think he is doing good. I see no reason why they wouldn't keep him, except of course if Daniel didn't feel like staying.
I think Daniel is not obliged to justify himself and maybe he feels uncomfortable doing interviews or doesn't know how to properly express himself. We can't know that. And I don't know about you, but I've seen him smile many times and according to his instagram, he is enjoying himself, so that's it.

I've read the thread, don't worry.

We all know CoB don't really share much on social media, that's their thing, just as choosing the guitarist.
All I am saying is that saying Daniel sucks and Roope/Ale were better is not gonna change a single thing and I find it unfair and rude towards a guy who is apparently doing his best to fill the shoes of someone else.

It's been 20 years since Something Wild came out, and tomorrow marks the first date of the 20 YEARS DOWN & DIRTY anniversary tour. Rumor has it we might be playing only the first four albums (mostly the first two) on this tour, so get ready for really old school Children Of Bodom shows!

So. Only the first four albums, and mostly the first two. A shame FTR and HCDR will be given less time as they are IMO better than SW or perhaps even HB (FTR is better, HCDR is pretty much equal).

Not shame at all, if they would be really fucking correct they should only play SW (and maybe the early versions of TDE, Forevermore, COB) :yuk::D:rofl:, because we celebrate the anniversary of that album, not the others ;)

Aah hell yeah they included In The Shadows and Black Widow!! Can't wait!
Also last summer when I went to see Nightwish they had this huge show in which they got their former bass player Sami to perform one old song with them.... So yesterday I was thinking; what it COB included Roope or Alexander somehow on this tour at the finland date? Like I'm not seriously expecting that to happen but what if?

Cool setlist. Really wish they would get rid of Downfall, Needled & Hate Me as they play them every single time. If they changed those 3 with other songs that haven't been played it would be perfect. Whatever though I'm happy Bed Of Razors is back :)

Forevermore?
The original title of Downfall

(The intro keys were a bit different and maybe the lyrics was also not the same :p)

Also I would join to the others: WOW, what a setlist!! :yow: Btw, so they just play only the beginning and endig parts of some of the songs?

Last edited:
I filmed all the rare songs but the quality isn't good at all. I will upload them if there won't be any decent videos of this tour.

Just back from the show in Milan yesterday... what a great show!!!
I thought I'd never go again to a bodom gig but that tour really couldn't be skipped. And fuck that was AMAZING.
Setlist was almost the same than the one Zarok posted (Bodom after Midnight changed for Hate Crew Deathroll) :

1) Deadnight Warrior
2) In the Shadows
3) Needled 24/7
4) Black Widow
5) Warheart
6) Angels don't Kill
7) Hate Crew Deathroll
8) Red Light in my Eyes part 2
9) Hate Me!
10) Downfall
11) Everytime I Die
12) Lake Bodom
13) Bed of Razors
14) Children of Decadence
15) The Nail
16) Towards Dead End

Best bodom show ever.

PS: It's been years I've not logged in the forum but I'm glad to see the same people still alive here ahah !