20th Anniversary European Tour

I completely agree with you Newhewkas. I had so much trouble following the beginning of the show because of that red bearded arsehole and his two whores... I barely remember In the Shadows or Deadnight warriors as well. But at least I've still got memories of The Nails haha. But disappointing crowd indeed.

So I was at the last show, it was fuckin awesome! Front row and everything! I've heard complains about the sound quality at the Circus before but this time the sound was clear and everyone was having a good time I didn't even encounter any assholes in the audience. The opening bands were good, I really liked Oni but Forever Still wasn't really a the right concert tbh. It was kind of boring even though the singer had a really nice scream.

After the show I got to meet Jaska behind the venue, me and the friend I was with gave him out gifts for the band and got pictures and our back patches signed.

Then we went to The Riff and Alexi and Daniel were there. I don't think I will ever fuckin recover from the moment when I showed my homemade Tokyo Warhearts patch to Alexi and asked him to sign it and he was like "Of course!! wow dude...amazing.... all the details and everything so nice...... But why are you so tense!! You're shaking so fucking much are you nervous? No need to be nervous!! Meybe I should give you a little relaxing massage here??? You guys need more beer seriously." and he started massaging my shoulders lmao :D:D Then I also got a hug and a picture from him. Daniel was super cool too, talked to him a little and got an autograph and a picture. He seemed a little shy. I also think I saw Henkka there but I couldn't find him again...

I can't wait for John Smith festival where I'm gonna see them again!!

Last edited:
So I was at the last show, it was fuckin awesome! Front row and everything! I've heard complains about the sound quality at the Circus before but this time the sound was clear and everyone was having a good time I didn't even encounter any assholes in the audience. The opening bands were good, I really liked Oni but Forever Still wasn't really a the right concert tbh. It was kind of boring even though the singer had a really nice scream.

After the show I got to meet Jaska behind the venue, me and the friend I was with gave him out gifts for the band and got pictures and our back patches signed.

Then we went to The Riff and Alexi and Daniel were there. I don't think I will ever fuckin recover from the moment when I showed my homemade Tokyo Warhearts patch to Alexi and asked him to sign it and he was like "Of course!! wow dude...amazing.... all the details and everything so nice...... But why are you so tense!! You're shaking so fucking much are you nervous? No need to be nervous!! Meybe I should give you a little relaxing massage here??? You guys need more beer seriously." and he started massaging my shoulders lmao :D:D Then I also got a hug and a picture from him. Daniel was super cool too, talked to him a little and got an autograph and a picture. He seemed a little shy. I also think I saw Henkka there but I couldn't find him again...

I can't wait for John Smith festival where I'm gonna see them again!!

I've never heard of Alexi being so cool/relaxed before, wow :O Btw, probably the none existence of language barriers have also helped :p

Reactions: tragician
I've never heard of Alexi being so cool/relaxed before, wow :O Btw, probably the none existence of language barriers have also helped :p

He had a group of friends with him this time and well it was an afterparty to a very fun tour so he seemed really happy. When I met him last summer he was also really cool! He seems to always have this "Calm down I'm just a dude!! No need to be nervous!!" attitude :D

lol about language barriers, when I talked to Jaska I was really nervous and I guess I was talking really quietly and he's also a lot taller than me so he had trouble hearing me. I said I had drawn them a comic book and also there was other art from me and my friends and a happy birthday card for Alexi. Jaska was like "What? You made a snowman?"

Last edited:
Wow man, that's really amazing. So far, everytime I've met Laiho (except for the 100GuitarsFromHel event) he had this "unreachable rock star" attitude. Like "I don't belong with you peasants" XD. Nice to see he can be more down to earth sometimes. I hope I4ll get to see him like that one day. Also, yeah, being able to speak with him in Finnish probably helps.

Wow man, that's really amazing. So far, everytime I've met Laiho (except for the 100GuitarsFromHel event) he had this "unreachable rock star" attitude. Like "I don't belong with you peasants" XD. Nice to see he can be more down to earth sometimes. I hope I4ll get to see him like that one day. Also, yeah, being able to speak with him in Finnish probably helps.
Were you one of the guitarists in there? That must have been so awesome!

I've heard often that foreigners think finnish people in general are rude :D We have no small talk sorta thing here and our culture isn't very social so I guess it can come across as him being arrogant if he doesn't really respond much when a fan wants to hang out? I obviously don't know him personally but I've been a fan for ages and I've never noticed him having a rock star attitude at all. At least in finnish interviews he seems really down to earth. But I hope you get to meet him again!

Last edited:
So...

First of all WHERE THE HELL have all the fans disappeared? The band even played Hatebreeder, but there's no videos of it. I wonder if the band waited too long to humble down. Maybe fans will not forgive them for venturing too far in the wrong direction. Maybe the fans think the band will only cater back towards the mysterious dark soundworld if the sales go down and they need to rely on nostalgy.

I'd like to know numbers, how much this tour pulled fans compared to normal tours. Someone's gotta ask this in an interview.

Poor guys over there :( hopefully it's only temporarily (or they think over seas people much more like their modern AYDY+ style, and they don't want to hurt your feelings, because that leads to I Hurt :rofl:

The Nail & In The Shadows are back in and and couldn't be happier, December 1 st will be my 16 th time seeiing the boys and,althought it's always a threat, this time I have a feeling it will be pure magic. There will be 5 or 6 songs I had never have live (I can't remember if I already had Bed Of Razors before).

This was the setlist of the last show, looks like the lack of The Nail in the first us show was a mistake on setlist.fm. They also replaced Black Widow by In The Shadows for the 2 nd show
  1. Deadnight Warrior
  2. In the Shadows
  3. Needled 24/7
  4. Hatebreeder
  5. Lake Bodom
  6. Warheart
  7. Hate Me!
  8. Red Light in My Eyes, Part 2
  9. Downfall
  10. Everytime I Die
  11. Hate Crew Deathroll
  12. Bed of Razors