24 (tv show)

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
huge fan here. pretty much the only show i watch on tv. i do sneak in some episodes of californication on demand and occasionally watch law and order while i eat but the only show i am a "fan" of is 24.

it is quite simply the most invigorating tv show in history if you ask me. the sheer production and concept behind it give it that title. no other show has been so cinematic and awe inspiring as well as gut wrenching.

i saw the show the day it premiered in oct of 2001 and was hooked ever since. have all the dvds and watch them all the time and it never gets old.

for other 24 fans, anyone excited about season 7? i am. i personally thought season 6 sucked and was the only non stellar season. every other season has been near perfect with season 1 being my favorite and season 4 a close second. it's hard to really place them in order i like them all. however i can tell you that season 6 was really disappointing and i think season 7 will decide the future of this show. it is going to be totally different and in a new format as far as characters and plots. there is no ctu, it is not in los angeles, brand new cast with the exception of a small core and it takes it in a new direction and supposedly as per 24 producers, all the "junk" from seasons 4/5/6 are gone and it is a clean slate. if season 7 fails i feel it will be the end of the series and we will be left with 5 seasons of utter brilliance.

thoughts?

this show does rock indeed! never saw season 6 though. the new show is only 2 hours long, yea? or is that just a bonus thing separate from season 7?

24 was the first epic tv show i watched. really wasn't expecting the brutality of it!

lost & fringe kick ass too. o_O

yeah the 2 hour thing is like a separate thing that is there to set up S7. it was made in large part due to the writers strike forcing them to skip a year as there was no show in 2008 so they kind of wanted to give people something before the show starts again in january.