2x12 stiletto or recto cab

lelahel, for V30s i have a 4X12 recto, stiletto and a 2X12 roadster. Love em all, but most people here you will find prefer the recto over the stiletto. I tend to agree when it comes to using them with 5150s and rectos. With an amp such as the mark V i prefer the stiletto because it sounds more "organic" to me. But if i want the mark V to sound a bit less smooth and a bit more brutal then i use the recto cab. so im fine with both cabs for that amp though everytime i switch to the stiletto i get this "aahh" reaction haha.

However take my opinion with a grain of salt as i am still constantly experimenting and dont have as much experience as the other guys in here.

Bottom line if you can choose between the two grab the recto it would be your "safest" bet.

gluck

what amp are you planning on using it with and what type of tone do you like?

EDIT: sorry i dont A/B comparisons clips for you now..

thanks rispsira for those lines !
im gonna use a 2ch dual recto head

No problem man. I have a 2 ch rackto as well and let me tell you with the recto cab it kicks ass! well done mesa.. so go for that one if you can

rispsira: how does the roadster compare to the recto?

Hi,

bullshit response: well the mids and bass response i feel on the.... etc etc

Honest response: i am not sure :erk: I only got a chance to compare stiletto and recto. The reason for that is the roadster (a 2X12 not a 4X12 btw) is in my house while all the other cabs (except a marshall) are in the rehearsal room, and i havent recorded it yet (my house sounds REALLY bad but i wont get into that)

The good news is im in contact with an acoustician to build a small room for tracking at home to save time and hopefully ill record a comparison once its done.

Really sorry i could not be of help :(

No problem man. I have a 2 ch rackto as well and let me tell you with the recto cab it kicks ass! well done mesa.. so go for that one if you can
thanks mate
the problem is that i found a stiletto, and very difficult to find someone who want to ship a 2x12 recto because of my location
so have to search and search ....more and more ...

What are the differences between the stiletto and the rectifier cab?

Stiletto is standard sized cab, recto is a bit bigger. Stiletto has tighter low mids, but recto has that subbass "uumph", so the sound is deeper. I have been playing with a recto cab for half year now using 5150 II and Mark V heads, and I really like the tone compared to my old cab (Peavey 6505).