3 questions for Ron

GlintsCollide

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
I know these seem a bit bizzare, but here it goes...

1) What recording equipment/programs would you recommend for someone with a budget of no more than 500-1k to start who is trying to release a decent sounding full-length without the aid/reliance of label funds?

2) Has Spastic Ink ever played out live, and do you ever plan to play out live soon with another project besides Watchtower? Sorry if I'm not updated on things. I know MOD (not sure what you changed the name to) had rumors of you possibly wanting to take it to the stage but it seems the lineup has drifted with drummers and Alex's busy schedule hasn't helped things.

3) What do you do for a living, not to be nosey. I'm a struggling advanced guitarist who's been left in a ditch with flakey guitar students, and a clientele that consistently dies out every year and I know you used to or currently teach guitar to some degree as a means of income. What do we shredders/composers do these days to make a buck? Amidst cover bands, of course. Ugh.

Weird questions, but I admire ya enough to get it over with and finally ask. Thanks much.