3rd lineup church

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
Saw metal church yesterday, apparantly heathen was playing also!!!

Great night!!

3rd lineup was awesome, the new singer has nothing to envy ( voicewise)

the new songs had the same church style.

I bought a shirt, cause the church still has it, I recommend the new album.

Heathen was great, great moshing!

Agree with Sixx. I rather would have the band touring as Vanderhoof. I don't care what people say. Kurdt may have been the founder and played in the first albums, but to me the real MC is Howe/Wells/Arrington/Ericsson/Marshall. If Vanderhoof was doing fine as his band with his name I don't see a reason to change the moniker (except the obvious one).

You can listen to clips of the new Metal Church album here at their site:
http://metalchurch.com/wotwclips.shtml

From what I've heard, I'd say if you liked the "Hanging in the Balance" album (I think it's a work of genius) you'll like the new material. The new vocalist has pretty much the same style of Howe so it's no big change on that front. \m/

Jean-Pierre said:
From what I've heard, I'd say if you liked the "Hanging in the Balance" album (I think it's a work of genius) you'll like the new material. The new vocalist has pretty much the same style of Howe so it's no big change on that front. \m/
AngelWitch73 said:
Strange enough I don´t like "Hanging In The Balance" but I do like the new album.
Now I'm confused :loco:
It's on my want list now.

Jean-Pierre said:
You can listen to clips of the new Metal Church album here at their site:
http://metalchurch.com/wotwclips.shtml

The clips sound ok to me, not particularly bad nor good, but they don't remind me of "Hanging in the Balance." I like all of the Howe era releases as well as the first two Wayne era.
Sayer did they play any of the Howe era music ? What was their setleist as far as the classic stuff ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
The clips sound ok to me, not particularly bad nor good, but they don't remind me of "Hanging in the Balance." I like all of the Howe era releases as well as the first two Wayne era.
Sayer did they play any of the Howe era music ? What was their setleist as far as the classic stuff ?

Bryant
Well, thats the kicker. They only play material of the first two albums and their new album!

Jean-Pierre said:
Haha, thank you. It's honestly one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life. Every song is different, but absolutely sublime.

Your Welcome! Thats cool Most people really dont have a fuckin clue about that album, Whats on it or what it sounds like, its a HUGELY underated record, My Personal Favorite off of it would be Little Boy! cool song! :D

Wyvern said:
Agree with Sixx. I rather would have the band touring as Vanderhoof. I don't care what people say. Kurdt may have been the founder and played in the first albums,..
Kurdt never stopped being the lifeblood of Metal Church, even when he wasn't playing in the band. He's always been the main songwriter, and has always been heavily involved in the albums. Vanderhoof (the band) is a completely different style of music, and he does that for a different reason. If the current lineup of Metal Church only involves two older members, I -suspect- (I'm far from an insider) it's because the rest of the old lineup isn't interested at this time in continuing the band. The new disc absolutely KILLS and definitely sounds like it's Metal Church and not some rip-off.. Don't give up on 'em without at least listening..

MRNot said:
Kurdt never stopped being the lifeblood of Metal Church, even when he wasn't playing in the band. He's always been the main songwriter, and has always been heavily involved in the albums. Vanderhoof (the band) is a completely different style of music, and he does that for a different reason. If the current lineup of Metal Church only involves two older members, I -suspect- (I'm far from an insider) it's because the rest of the old lineup isn't interested at this time in continuing the band. The new disc absolutely KILLS and definitely sounds like it's Metal Church and not some rip-off.. Don't give up on 'em without at least listening..
Wise words my friend :worship:

MRNot said:

Hear hear. Well put, well put.

JonnyD said:
Your Welcome! Thats cool Most people really dont have a fuckin clue about that album, Whats on it or what it sounds like, its a HUGELY underated record, My Personal Favorite off of it would be Little Boy! cool song! :D
I like A Subtle War, No Firend of Mine and End of the Age. Kick ass release, just like all of the Howe stuff.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I like A Subtle War, No Firend of Mine and End of the Age. Kick ass release, just like all of the Howe stuff.

Bryant

Also can't forget "Wait For A Savior", "Hypnotized" and "Losers In The Game". Man...all classics.

Bryant said:

Bryant
Well, the singer sounds more like Wayne to me, but its great your like the album :)