4/5: ProgPower USA postponement

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It is with sadness and resignation, I must announce the postponement of ProgPower USA again this year. The unknown circumstances surrounding the current pandemic has simply made it impossible to move forward with safety & logistical planning. Despite progress and optimism for the fall in the U.S., consideration has to be taken into account for both international bands and attendees who are experiencing different circumstances and restrictions.

ProgPower USA XXI will now take place June 1-4, 2022. Please note your current tickets will automatically carry forward to 2022. The same Ticketmaster protocol will be followed as last year in regards to any refund requests over the next 30 days as of April 6th. The following bands are **CONFIRMED** to return for Days 3 & 4 next year: Conception, Turilli/Lione Rhapsody, Jeff Scott Soto, Green Carnation, Witherfall, Thank You Scientist, and Aether Realm. Replacements for two bands will be announced very soon. The remaining three bands are unconfirmed at present. Those bands and I are working hard to resolve the situation.

The promoters for Day 1 (Nathan Block) and Day 2 (Milton Mendonca) will be issuing their own statements in regards to their rosters separately.

Please join me on Facebook live tonight at 8pm EST for a detailed explanation of past events and our current issues still to be finalized. I will also take questions. Thanks for your understanding, patience, and much needed support during these unprecedented times.

Glenn

Disappointing, but not surprising. It would have been a really heavy lift on your part to make it happen this year.

You previously mentioned that Beast In Black, which couldn't make it for 2021 after being postponed in 2020, would be confirmed for 2022. Is that no longer confirmed?

If it would be, it would be great for my son, who would love to see Conception, Beast In Black and Rhapsody.

So I couldnt make it to the live stream and now it appears to be deleted. What did I miss? :(

Glenn stated on Facebook comments: "There were no new updates, only discussion on my rationale for what was previously announced. I archive official video statements. I do not keep informal chats on line because we end up off-topic and it is not meant to be anything more than an informal gathering."

Reactions: Mardoch
Thanks. I looked everywhere and couldnt find the video, any info on it or Glenns comment above. Glad to know I didnt miss any new info.

Perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

Interesting the festival will now be in June. Would this become a permanent move? Or would a PPUSA in 2023 go back September? Or is it WAAAY too early for decisions like that? :)

Perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

Interesting the festival will now be in June. Would this become a permanent move? Or would a PPUSA in 2023 go back September? Or is it WAAAY too early for decisions like that? :)

It is too early. Glenn mentioned in the video that 2022 was already filling up due to so many bands having lost touring revenue from 2020 (and now 2021) that he was running into conflicts with many of the bands that were already booking the September dates, i.e. June was much more open for the bands he already had booked. Also that there are many people that can't attend in September due to being associated with schools, and the June month potentially opens that up for those people to come back again. In the end, he has no idea yet what the future holds for the timing of the fest going forward.

Thanks very much for the update. June is usually better for me, as I teach at a local college in the fall, and going to this festival plus my normal daily schedule is becoming murder on my system as I get older, especially for those years when I've attended all four days.

Thanks to all of you for your work in keeping this thing going. I'll miss yet another year without the festival, but on the bright side, I've saved a ton of money the past couple of years, not only from the festival itself but from the merch room.