TheUnforgiven

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2004
under ice
Do you think band likes to light up a J in jamming sessions.
I sure enjoy listening high :Smokedev:

"Once undone, there is only smoke
Burning in my eyes to blind
To cover up what really happened
Force the darkness unto me"

I remember reading an interview with Akerfeldt, who said he's tried it in the past but that it wasn't for him.
I personally can't stand the whole "420" culture... it's one thing to smoke weed but to go on and brag about it through 420 seems retarded. Cheers.

i get TOO relaxed when im stoned so smoking and playing isnt my thing. however, one's mind works really fast and wanders off to really different and wierd places so you can actually find yourself coming up with really different ideas...good for lyrics and such.

Drugs are dumb :p

Haha by the way there is a Meat Pie Company called "Four and Twenty" in Aus which makes this thread a little more funny.....to me anyways

Drugs are like anything else. You just have to keep control so you don't start shooting heroin through your eyeball. :loco: And wait until you've grown up a little so your brain has time to develop. I don't see why anybody would despise them. It's a persons own choice and they'll have to live with the consequences. Saying that I only do marijuana and some psychedelics.

"Know your dope fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from jacking off when he can't find a rape victim." :worship:

^haha! great quotations. Is the first one from "Fear and Loathing..."?

anyway, I always thought the expression was 4:20 as in 4:20 pm - which is the time to smoke weed. i could never figure out the point of that or its origins.

i can't smoke weed because I get tested for drugs at work. No problem though because I hate weed. It doesn't do much for me.

I kinda agree with the dudes who said there's nothing wrong with drugs. Yeah, I agree that people should be able to do whatever they want in their own homes. Yet, when it starts costing society money, then it's not cool. That's unavoidable though, so, in the end, people simply should not do drugs. Here's an example: there's this guy who comes into the hospital every goddam week. Why? Because as soon as he gets out, he goes home and does some coke and heroin and comes right back in through the ER. And as you all know, if you come through the ER, you have to, by law, be seen by a physician. Thus, if you don't have insurance you get free health care paid for by taxpayers (or "eaten" by the hospital - translation: passed on to the paying customers). yay!

In the end, people who do drugs make me sick, despite my belief in personal freedom. If the law was rewritten to say "fuck you" to drug users, then I wouldn't have a problem. We'd also start cutting the population back as people died from overdose, which would be a good thing.

Rant over.

It is indeed from Fear and Loathing. People who are addicted need help. Unfortunately
people out from rehab usually just start up again. Its a horrible cycle that doesn't end until they're dead, or are really ready to recover after hitting the lowest nadir they can go. Unfortunate that it cost the taxpayers money from ER but i'm sure big military appropriations bills going through Congress have a lot more waste then is taken out of the system by drug users. Add in any usual comments about products of the enviroment they grew up in and blah blah blah.

My drug use is completely voluntary and as stupid as it sounds I'm proud of that. I know too many fuck-ups doing crack to want to fall into that trap.

RookParliament said:
Unfortunate that it cost the taxpayers money from ER but i'm sure big military appropriations bills going through Congress have a lot more waste then is taken out of the system by drug users.
haha! so true. the people have the power though. all we have to do is say, "enough with the fucking bombs please." however, as you can see by the last election, most americans are mindless sheep who place "support our troops" magnets next to their "W '04" stickers on their Japanese cars and drive to the local walmart to buy some Chinese-made shit.

The fact that people make errors in judgment by getting addicted to drugs and going through rehab should never EVER affect me in any way because I make a conscious effort to *not* get addicted to drugs and I realize that my actions affect other people. Bottom line is people don't give a shit and are lazy and nearly every single person of such a nature that I've spoken to feels *entitled* to something. That's what makes me sick.

bangadrian said:
what is it with the "drugs are dumb" posts? drugs are only dumb if you don't have control over your use
well, theres more to it than that. It depends on what drugs you are talking about too. If you're smoking weed, are you driving while stoned? Are you costing tax payers money? I don't think weed should be illegal but it currently is and my taxes are paying for cops to catch people smoking it. Thus, your weed-smoking is costing me money. Is your drug use causing other long-term health problems that will eventually increase the cost of insurance for other "health" subscribers?
What folks need to realize is that the world is a closed system. What you do affects me and mine. Yes, ultimately, that's just a philosophy and nothing is absolute, but it's what I stand by. I would gladly kill someone trying to steal my car than stop and say, "hey, you mustve had a bad childhood." I didn't use to be like that and maybe I'll change again later, but that's what responsible "adult-life" has done to me.