4x12s and low wattage amps Q

@ Razorjack

I'll gladly bow to your superior knowledge in acoustics, about which I know bugger all.

The salesman comment was perhaps a bit strong. Sorry dude.

But yeah, TT is built to be cranked - so the actual output RMS will surely exceed the rated Wattage. Whether more so than a higher-powered amp is more debatable... that would probably depend on the tolerance of yer neighbors.

And FWIW the Tiny Terror is not a true Class A. 15 Watts out of two EL84 is not possible in Class A. Nor is the Vox AC-15 the TT is based on really Class A, and nor was the AC-30. A warm bias, to be sure, but still AB.

:)

Omega, you only have 98 posts since 2004!?!?! Dude where have you been you're definitely a knowledgeable person that needs to be making some posts around here. :headbang:

Thanks for the clarification guys. I figured he was telling me that in hopes that I'd just buy the matching Orange cab or something, instead of just the TT. I'm not buying my TT from there anyway...lol.

~006

total bullshit, this whole "underpowering speakers can be dangerous" thing doesn't apply to tube amps, you can run that TT on 10 all day thru that mesa cab and not have a single problem.

+1. The underpowering speakers thing is about hard clipping from solid-state amps, usually in a PA context. You don't see anyone blowing V30s or G12T75s with 100 watt heads, never mind 50 watters.