5.08. Testament gig review - plus ENORMOUS THANX to our DE&THE BAND!!

soulflypl

Mar 2, 2003
poland
Visit site
I just don't know where to start.... so i will try to deal with the events chronologically ..

i am in shock ........ that was the day&the night that i will not forget ever!!! .. and u will soon learn why...:)

at 11.35 am i finally met Highr Priest of Evil - took him from the train station and together with some other friends we headed to the venue.

We wanted to get there early to meet&welcome the band when they arrive -we had a BIG flag with "FUEL THE FIRE FOR WAR - IT"S TESTAMENT IN WARSAW 2NITE!!
After couple of hours it turned out that they would be late that night - coz the travel from Budapest took more time then it was expected.

Finally they arrived - it was about 18.00 if i remember well.

First person that we saw was our DE - me and Priest called him - and he was sooo surrrrprised to see someone in Eastern Europe recognizing him and addressing by the name.

We showed him the flag ...and that is when it all started ...... when Walter learned who we are and how passionate Polish Fans are about the band ....... Holy God ... we got sooo many souvenirs from him!!!!!
So even before the show started Me&Priest and also even some guys that registerd on this forum recently&and traveled half of Poland to see Testament live .. we were equiped with Johny's signed drumsticks, picks, labels, top of the drum kit parts - (i don't know how u call it) signed by "The Storm" himself ("hit'em hard 2003:cool:), free Dragonlord&Thrash of the Titans shirts.... but the best was still to come...:)

Then it was the gig time - started with 3 hours delay - but who would complain about it??!!! Polish crowd was sooo excited to see Masters of Tharsh that it didn't matter to anybody..

so the gig started...
eerie ...practice..and i was dead:) if u haven't heard them live then u haven't lived .....:cool:

Chuck's vocal was a bit hidden during those two (at least it seemed so near the barriers) so i run to the SoundMan and told him "GIVE US MOOORE CHUCK":))) and hell he did!!!!!

sins....true believer...pit .... alone ...well u know the setlist:)
They changed it a bit and we had 3 songs less (dirge, dogfacedgods, disciples ...but we all understood that as they had really a tough journey and still gave us all the power they had - u should see how exhausted Chuck was at the end - he&the rest of the band really left their souls in Poland.

When it comes to sound - a bit to loud, but no problem with hearing all the solos, which i was most worried about.

what do u want to know more??? S.Smythe - his is the god of the lead axe - no doubt about it, Hippie flying all over the stage pounding his bazzzz in such a way noone will ever imitate... Eric ruling the rythm...Chuck sounding perfect...... and my personal highlight - JOHN THE STORM TEMPESTA.... i just don't have words to describe what he did to those drums:) u should just see him proving that not only Dave can play DNR in fast&furious manner...lack of words ...... GO TO SEE THEM LIVE NOOOWWW!!!!!!!:hotjump:

and that was not all ... after that our friendly spirit Walter took us backstage where would could talk to the band, have our stuff signed, take photos we every band mebers. My 6 month twinzz got their picture in leather jacket signed for them .... waiting till they grow up!
Guys were sooon nice! As you suggested TL we disscused S.S's Polish roots:)
We also brought them some best Polish beer - mantained cold in the fridge during the gig:)

Finally we took also a photo with Walter ...... and some Big-Vocalist also put his head and onto that one!!

we left around 2.30 in the morning exhausted but veeeeery happy.

Now apart from HUGE THANX for WALTER&THE BAND AS A WHOLE I want to say that really feelt very appreciated as a fan - a night like this never happened to me before with any band!!!!

WALTER IS A RIGHT GUY AT THE RIGHT PLACE.
THANK U SOOOO MUCH.

Next time u come and we have more time we will host u properly - dinner traditional polish food etc. promise said is done!!!

He even said - guys next time i will put u crazy Polish bastards on the guests list so u will have a free entrance!!!!!!

Thx Walter but.... no:cool: ....we are fans ... we think it is our duty to make a living for the band so they have comfort in creating stuff for us.

Once again huge thanx hope to see u all as soon as possible !!!!!!!!

soulflypl said:
He even said - guys next time i will put u crazy Polish bastards on the guests list so u will have a free entrance!!!!!!

Thx Walter but.... no:cool: ....we are fans ... we think it is our duty to make a living for the band so they have comfort in creating stuff for us.

Once again huge thanx hope to see u all as soon as possible !!!!!!!!

Wow, fans like you are the best :D! You rule!

soulflypl said:
:)great?:)
mega-hiper-great!!:)

30 years old fuckin' lawyer married with two kidzzz and i felt like a child in candy store:hotjump:

You're in the legal field, too? Awesome! I know how you felt... I'm not 30 (heh), but I do feel like a kid when I see my fave band :p!

I hope someone snagged a bottle of Polish vodka to bring home... ;)!

Testament Legions said:
You're in the legal field, too? Awesome! I know how you felt... I'm not 30 (heh), but I do feel like a kid when I see my fave band :p!

I hope someone snagged a bottle of Polish vodka to bring home... ;)!

not 30 to be precise but very, very close :)
u r also a lawyer?
hehe then u should know know that one .... what that is:
question - 100 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea?....
answer: .... nice beginning:Spin:

about polish vodka - hey, come along with them next euro-tour!!
- i will be prepared for that:cool:

Well, what can I add, soufly kinda covered everything pretty good.
When the band got off the bus (2 hours after the time when the show was supposed to get started) you could really see how tired they were after the long and hot trip (with some boarderlinde problems?). I really started to worry if they can give 100% of themselves on stage. And I was right- they couldn't...They gave 200%!!!
I thought I'm gonna die after hearing the perfectly done Eerie (the first song)- which was totally amazing even despite the mediocre sound quality (which later improved or I was too elated to believe something could not be perfect this day). Practice and Over The wall rocked hard! It may sound pretty ridiculous, but I got the feeling that some songs sounded live even better than the originals! I was thrilled after hearing the mighty Haunting and the awesome True Believer. You probably wonder how the long absent songs (Sins, Electric, Alone) went. Well, they were fucking incredible- Electric Crown sounded really powerful and the crowd loved it and Sins...were better than on Practice! (No, Chuck didn't growl on this one). Not only did Chuck improve his growling (compared to '89), he also perfected his melodic singing which is now way deeper (I hope that'll be heard on the new album!).
Chuck left his heart on the stage. No compromising here- he sung, roared, screamed, yelled, shrieked like no man on this planet. Johnny was amazingly tight and flawless. SdG really enjoyed the show and was a highlight (as always), although he was tremendousely exhausted, Eric was the usual gorgeous himself and finally Steve Smythe- this guy simply ruled last night- I was afraid how he'd handle Alex's solos, but he did it perfect. I didn't manage to marvel at his skills during the No Mercy, for the solos were almost inaudible, but last night he shredded (can't wait to hear his performance on the new record).
To sum up, if you saw TestAmenT during the No Mercy tour- forget it; they had been good, but last night they were GOD-LIKE!
After the show the big crowd shouted "TestAmenT!" for over 15 minutes. We were eager for more, but I understand that we got more than we could ask for. If only you could see how exhausted they were after this magic show. The end of this very intense tour is drawing near, but the band's not slowing down. However, I think they should have more days off during the next tour to rest a little
And now DE! He ruled- he was extremely polite to us (giving us the memorabilia soulfly mentioned, talking to us, showing some pictures and organising a meeting with the band). Thanks again, Deadly! Over The Walter!
We met Eric, SteveS and Johnny around 2 a.m. (we were told Chuck was too exhausted to come- I really started to worry- and SdG disappeared somewhere) and they were very cool - we got autographs, took some pics and also talked to them (I told Steve how much I though he ruled that night). We wanted to go, but SdG(a very exhausted and happy guy with a beer) approached and also spent some time with us. (he deserved to have a slumber after such an exhausting gig, but instead he took his time to meet the band's die-hard fans and we really appreciate such attitude). And then The Mighty Chuck himself appeared (he looked great- he "recovered" after the show pretty quickly) and also greeted the fans and kept smiling all the time- these guys really seem to have great time together and after all these years enjoy playing extreme music live!
TestAmenT really know how to treat their fans (sop does DE) and I wanna thank them and Walter again for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
This night shall not be forgotten by anyone who attended the show, I know that for sure...

soulflypl said:
not 30 to be precise but very, very close :)
u r also a lawyer?
hehe then u should know know that one .... what that is:
question - 100 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the sea?....
answer: .... nice beginning:Spin:

about polish vodka - hey, come along with them next euro-tour!!
- i will be prepared for that:cool:

:lol:! I'm not a lawyer, but very much in the legal field. Let's just say I "advise attorneys," as far as court rules, procedures, etc. go.

Finally High Priest, I was waiting for you to post something!

Great reviews from Poland :cool:!

sounds like a great time, i also have a signed snare head from the last time i saw testament. i just wish they would have played alone in the dark during one of the last US tours they did, i still to this day have not seen them play it...

Yup guys, I just got back from that AWESOME gig and I see that everything`s just been said about it so what can I say?!
THANK YOU WALTER, YOU ARE THE MAN WITH BIG COJONES!!!
THANK YOU TESTAMENT FOR BEING SO TOTALLY DOWN TO EARTH AFTERWARDS!!!
THANK YOU MY FRIENDS WHO WERE HANGING OUT WITH ME ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!

Finally High Priest, I was waiting for you to post something!
Well, it took me some time to get home and sleep back after the show (I hadn't slept for like 50+ hourso_O) and thus this 'delay' in posting the review. I have neither forgotten 'bout TestAmenT, nor was being lazy:)...

I still can't believe how amazing this show was and I simply cannot think about anything elseat the moment:hotjump: .
Any news from Prague? I hope the guys were fresh and powerful again

Fuck, I forgot not to put smilies next to the brackets again. Replace "o_O)" with "o_O" and you'll know how I felt and...looked like when I finally reached my bedroom

The Board Members I meet in Warsaw, Poland, was by far the best reception commitee I have ever seen!........... banner flying........, I was speechless, & the band & I have to say we all deeply touched, The Polish fans waited around 2 to 3 hours after the show, to just say goodbye & talk to the band. The band was literally mobbed, by gracious fans. This was my second time in Poland with Testament, & we always look forward to it, & have many great Memories! .........The Polish Edition of The Testament Legions Board Members........Were The Best Of The Tour!................The English(London) was number one on the No Mercy Tour.........But Poland ruled The Testament Summer Festival Tour 2003!..... We thank you for your gifts of 8 tall Polish beers(their favorite brand).....they were Ice cold(they must of known Americans love ice cold beer).......but most of all for your support! And our new friendship!....................Thanks so much & yes lets have dinner next time! ....................POLAND RULES!

THANX WALTER - those words of your's really made me proud and i am more then sure that the same goes for all Polish people here.:cool:

Now we keep our fingers crossed for seeing you&the band in Poland on tour again!!!

TL - with this love for Polish vodka .. are you sure you are not half Polish??:)

Walter thank you so much for your appreciation. When I read your post I simply couldn`t believe your words. I know that PL fans are crazy, welcome warmly each band awaited here. But the fact that we were the best crowd on this EU-tour is a huge honour to all Polish Fans.
And of cuz I can`t wait to see you guys here in PL next time, hopefully soon!

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
Walter thank you so much for your appreciation. When I read your post I simply couldn`t believe your words. I know that PL fans are crazy, welcome warmly each band awaited here. But the fact that we were the best crowd on this EU-tour is a huge honour to all Polish Fans

I Call as I see it!............................The Truth Shall set You Free!