5 Albums a Metalhead HAS to own.

I have some of these... so, woot.

Based on this thread, I've decided that I need to listen to more Death.

Anyway

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Megadeth - Peace Sells
In Flames - Whoracle
Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of Empires
Kreator - Extreme Agression

Although 5 isn't enough.

It's your opinion, but I can't figure how this album should belong tot "good metal albums", viewing the fact that you name seasons in the abyss in the same row, which is at least 20 times better.

Violent Revolution, to me was a continuation of Kreators return to its metal roots. The song writing on this album is a step above than in their past albums, and the solos are more fluid

I have no idea. I really dont.

I could name bands that every metalhead has to have at least one album of, but thats it.

*Maiden
*metallica
testament
*megadeth
evile
nevermore
anthrax
*motorhead
slayer
sepultura
pantera
onslaught
*Black sabbath - come on I cant believe they have barely been mentioned!!
Kreator
annihilator
Judas Priest
Death

* tbh there are shit loads more but if I HAD to choose just five of these it would be these bands

I´ll go for my top thrash albums that every metal head should have.

Overkill - Under The Influence
Megadeth - Killing is my Business... And Business is good
Anthrax - Among The Living
Testament - Practice what you Preach
Slayer - Reign in Blood

And this deffinately Evile - Enter the Grave which everyone should have obviously :headbang:

Only 5 you say? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Black Sabbath - We sold our soul for Rock and Roll
Motorhead - Everything louder than everything else (cos it's twice the length of No sleep you see!)
Iron Maiden - Live after Death (cos if you have to start somewhere, this is the one that started it all for me!)
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Slayer - Decade of Aggression (cos I cant decide between Hell Awaits, RIB or seasons!)

Hmm, interesting thread. I have thought about doing this to a youngling I see picking up Wet Park or crap like that though. I mean throwing the crap away and picking out five metal albums and forcing them to go home and listen to them instead. Which ones would I choose though? Well here goes:

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
Ministry - Psalm 69

Well:

Wintersun - Wintersun
Amon Amarth - With Odin On Our Side
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Kalmah - Swampsong
Death - Symbolic

ive seen so many lists on here with metallica, megadeth, slayer etc, so i thought id go a bit more into what i listen to most: melodeath :headbang:

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Finntroll - Nattfodd

Man I had to leave out so many great albums :lol:

1.Black sabbath-Master of reality
2.Kreator-Pleasure To Kill
3.Slayer-Reign in Blood
4.Death-Leprosy
5.Deicide-Once Upon the Cross:headbang:

British Steel >Painkiller
Killing Is My Business > Rust In Peace
Everything Death ever did > Scream Bloody Gore

SBG is great but not THAT great.

SBG isn't they're best album, IMO Symbolic is their best. But it's one of the first Death metal albums, and people should buy it just for the first 15 seconds of 'Evil Dead' alone :)

KIMB is another awesome one, and i think ties with Peace Sells and RIP for Megadeth's best, but i think it depends on what version you get. The one i have IS Re-Mastered, still sounds like shit, has the original cover, Doesn't have "These Boots" (wtf?) so my copy of KIMB gets owned by RIP.