5 bands that have never played Progpower, and 5 you would like to see return......

There are so many good bands, but I'll try to narrow it down..

Returning Bands:
1 - Blind Guardian
2 - Sabaton
3 - Accept
4 - Nightwish
5 - Hammerfall

Like to See:
1 - Loudness
2 - Ensiferum
3 - Opeth
4 - Grave Digger
5 - Korpiklaani

** not necessarily in any particular order **

I'm so happy Stratovarius and Jon Oliva's Pain will be performing in 2014. Both of those would have been on my list.

2 - Ensiferum
3 - Opeth
4 - Grave Digger
5 - Korpiklaani

** not necessarily in any particular order **

I'm so happy Stratovarius and Jon Oliva's Pain will be performing in 2014. Both of those would have been on my list.

Good bands but Ensiferum tours pretty regularly and so does Opeth and Korpilaani. I would also have to guess that Opeth is too expensive for the fest. Grave Digger I would love to see though.

Good bands but Ensiferum tours pretty regularly and so does Opeth and Korpilaani. I would also have to guess that Opeth is too expensive for the fest. Grave Digger I would love to see though.

I really wanted to add Stinking Lizaveta and Yngwie Malmsteen to the list, but since I was limited to five... Yngwie would probably never do it, and I know a lot of people don't like him anyway.

For fun:

To this point your top 5 getters in each area from tallying responses:

Top 5 Returning
1. Blind Guardian (15)
2t. Voyager (11), Serenity (11)
4t. Amorphis (7), Devin Townsend (7), Edguy (7), Haken (7)

Also of note with 6 votes each: Angra, DSO, Gamma Ray, Nightwish, Threshold

Top 5 New:
1. Avantasia (9)
2. Anathema (8)
3t. Grave Digger (6), Hibria (6)
5t. Powerwolf (5) Within Temptation (5)

Also of note with 4 votes each were A Sound of Thunder, Ayreon, Axel Rudi Pell, and Falconer.

There was A LOT of diversity with the new bands.

Very hard to pick with so many great bands having already played PP, and so many more that haven't! To make it easier I stuck with bands that are currently active (I made an exception for JP since they are playing KIT next year even though they've technically split up).

Returning:
Brainstorm
Jag Panzer
Nocturnal Rites
Primal Fear
Virgin Steele

First Timers:
Falconer
Magnum
Not Fragile
Warlord
White Skull

5 others I'd nominate

1. The Tea Party (Fantastic Canadian band that gets some love on this board from time to time
2. The Tiles (Great Progressive Metal band that never really seemed to get much love on here)
3. Katatonia - Still going with them
4. Holy Mother -Toxic Rain still one of the great CD's that completely flew under everyone's radar.
5. Takara - Hey Glenn's managed to get PC69 so why not these guys. Eternal Faith still ranks up there as one of the best hard rock releases ever IMO.

Solitude Aeturnus (not sure if this would even be possible anymore)

Hammers of Misfortune (not sure if they are still a band, haven't heard anything in sometime)

Watchtower (with Alan or Jason, prefer Alan)

Arch / Matheos (seriously how awesome would that be)

Twisted Tower Dire (though I have seen them more times than I can count seeing them at Progpower would be fun)

And maybe a real female front metal band, you know one in which the singer is not in a frilly dress. Something like Leather, Doro, etc.
Just a passing thought on the topic of female metal singers; I gotta say Nina is sounding pretty good on that snippet of ASOT in their Kickstarter video.

Wow, I actually agree with all five of Jeremy's choices.

RETURNS:

1. ACCEPT
  2. WOLF
  3. WHILE HEAVEN WEPT
  4. TAD MOROSE
  5. SANCTUARY

DEBUTS:

1. HELL (click the link and love you some HELL)
  2. POWERWOLF
  3. ARCH/MATHEOS*
  4. DEATH ANGEL
  5. OPERA DIABOLICUS**

*it's about the only way I'll ever get the Fates Warming I want.

**this would be the next best thing to THERION, since the act features Mats Leven and Snowy Show, and maintains a Therion atmosphere with an added crunch. :devil:

notable bands who may not be on everyone's radar, and who I believe could pull off a solid support slot for Wednesday or Thursday of the fest...

A SOUND OF THUNDER
ARGUS
COLOSSUS
BURNING SHADOWS

with maybe a classic band such as METAL CHURCH, CAGE, or SLOUGH FEG headlining Wednesday or as added special guests on Thursday.

and yeah, I may be leaning heavily toward the 'power' end of the spectrum, but that leaves half the fest for your fave Progsters. :D I ain't greedy.

Pathfinder (They are looking for a new singer, they need to call Daniel Heiman ASAP)
Any band which brings Daniel Heiman back to power metal should play at all festivals out there!
I really can imagine him singing for Rhapsody of Fire too

Have not appeared:

Ayreon
Demons & Wizards
Marilion
BABYMETAL
X JAPAN.... or Loudness
tie: Grave Digger, Allen/Lande, Jupiter (ex-Versailles)

Returning:

Voyager
Ihsahn
MindFlow
Gamma Ray
Devin Townsend

Bands that have never appeared:

1) Galneryus (JPN)
2) Lord (AUS)
3) Edenbridge (AUT)
4) Grim Reaper (UK)
5) Amberian Dawn (FIN)

Bands that have appeared;

1) Voyager (AUS)
2) Gamma Ray (GER)
3) Orphaned Land (ISR)
4) Myrath (TUN)
5) Vision Divine (ITA)

Have never appeared:
Demon
Satan
Khalas
Warlord
Silver Mountain
Mezarkabul

Returning:
Orphaned Land
Fates Warning
Myrath
DSO
Therion

Just dreaming here:

Returning:
Superior (no idea what the guys are doing, but having never seen them, I'd love a reunion show)
Angra
D.C. Cooper (solo or any project)
Savatage (any shape or form)
Delain (unfortunately, I missed a large part of their set on the recent Kamelot tour)

New:
Marillion
Nemesea
Kiske (he can do selections from any of his bands, and Avantasia)
Tarja or Within Temptation
Winery Dogs (not the best fit maybe, but they haven't come to Canada, and I missed the Niagara Falls show)