5 bands that have never played Progpower, and 5 you would like to see return......

Top 5 Returning Bands (in order of preference):
1. Devin Townsend (in any and all forms--i.e. solo material, DTP, DTB, anything and everything) - I was PPIII when he played on my birthday and it was quite simply my fave live musical moment!
2. While Heaven Wept - unfortunately, I missed them when they played a couple of years ago, and I was unable to see them when they hit Chicago last year.
3. Primordial - see #2
4. Katagory V - would love to see them come back from the dead, especially with Al doing vocals
5. Conception - I was there...but I want more!

Top 5 Bands Never Played
1. Brave - I think they deserve to play PPUSA more than anything. I may be biased considering I had them play at my wedding, but I love this band!
2. Paradise Lost - I've seen them twice now, and would love for them to play a special set at PPUSA.
3. Transatlantic - this is a dream list, right?
4. Anathema - this band has only gotten better with each album; PPUSA seems a perfect place to play 'Judgement Day' front to back
5. Headspace - the album was amazing, and would love to see them live

New;
Anubis Gate
Sieges Even re-union or Subsignal
Withem
Attacker
James LaBrie solo

Returning;
Nightwish v3.0
Leaves Eyes
Destinys End
Myrath
Edguy

Returning:
Circus Maximus
Myrath
Andromeda
Symphony X
Haken

New:
Until Rain
Ayreon (ok)
Tesseract
Anathema
Katatonia

Not even I went to see that when I found out that's what he was doing. I was stoked to see him too, but as part of a full band tour, not whatever that was.

Also, I don't think we've met, because you seem to take my posts waaaaay too seriously. Let's go see Fates Warning and Artizan together.

Hey - Looks like I can't send you a message for some reason. I'll wear a Manowar shirt to the Fafes Warning show on Wednesday. Stop me and introduce yourself.

Old thread revival!

I went through and noticed that the band Tourniquet was not mentioned by anyone. They have a pretty good body of work, though it sweeps through Prog/Power/Thrash. What is the general opinion of them with you guys? Have they ever been a prospect in the past?

5 new bands:

Anubis Gate
Sun Caged
Novembers Doom
Hibria
Unexpect

5 Returners:

Haken
Serenity
Myrath
Freak Kitchen
Secret Sphere

Returning:
Pretty Maids
Serenity
Balance of Power (reunion w/Lance)
Beyond the Bridge
Threshold (minus the stripper)
Circus Maximus

New:
Within Temptation
Dynazty
Eclipse (if PC69 can play the fest, these guys can too)
Anything with Michael Kiske (and I mean anything. He can do a polka set and I'll be on the rail)
Anything with JSS

I mentioned wet as it's essentially eclipse + JSS so it would knock out 2 of his slots, making room for another one.

I mentioned wet as it's essentially eclipse + JSS so it would knock out 2 of his slots, making room for another one.

I love WET, but I love Eclipse more and I have an easier time seeing Eclipse filling the oddball slot than WET or JSS solo. All three in the same weekend? As much as I would love it that would be for a different fest.

I love WET, but I love Eclipse more and I have an easier time seeing Eclipse filling the oddball slot than WET or JSS solo. All three in the same weekend? As much as I would love it that would be for a different fest.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Would love to see JSS Solo slot too!! :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy