5 bands that should be PUT TO DEATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
like Opeth They made some brilliant stuff in the beginning but turned into a product and was simplified for general audiences...

How have Opeth gotten simpler? If anything they have gotten more complex and progressive (which is awesome)

Hate to get on the Opeth discussion again but Oinkness is way wrong. They have gotten more complex as the years gone on and matured as a band. Orchid is simple, meanwhile Blackwater Park and GR are progressions into masterpieces.

Belligerent: Mindless post^

Talkin' to a fuckin' wall. If you are going to "bash" Death or Black/metal vocals, What do you think, everyone will just stop and agree. If your gong to make those "personal opinions" than be aware that people will have their own. Answer the questions that are asked of you, quit twisting shit around. Your really starting to get on my fuckin' nerves. You offer no substantiation or back-up for anything you claim. I'm done with this bullshit! Oinkness, take your avatar's advice and get the funk out. Your posts rarely contain any "musical knowledge" Yeah, I'm talkin' to you Razor.

NO! ^ this was a mindless, twisted, pointless personal attack, possibly the third or fouth I've recieved, that got a well deserved responce.

thats why you should not be a moderator, your already working on a "buddy system"

It really depends on your musical exposure. From a prog standpoint, new Opeth is simple. From a death standpoint, it's also simple. Heck, Porcupine Tree is more complex... and that's really saying something there.

dude you need to look into your comprehension skills, as well as figure out whats eating you. I thought you were in your 50's but your behaving like a child that didnt get his/her own way. I didnt back up my feelings on the matter ? Learn to understand what is written and then learn to accept others peoples opinions. Though its probably too late if these are your reactions... still... after all these years.

I havent got a freakin clue what your pissed off about other than I didnt concede to your.... apparently.... demands

But here... If it will make your tantrum stop. I just love it when vocalists go growling and grumbling into a microphone. It enhances the riffs behind it so much that I will never listen to any other kind of music again in my life. Screw that singing shit, anybody can do that, its so freakin lame anyhow. I'd rather have conversations with satan, the grim reaper and pissed off screaming, yelling mortals anyday as opposed to those that speak in a normal voice, screw them assholes I have no idea whats wrong with them. After all these generations you would think mankind would evolve beyond that lame assed shit and speak to each other with anger from beyond the mortal realm...... that would be so cool. :worship:

thing is Im not alone in my metal listening tastes, nor the first one to bring it up, but thats OK I have a strong back and equally strong mind. Im comfortable. This has been most enlightning, Im proud of those that dealt so well with it. :rolleyes:
I hope you feel better, now that you got that out of your system. Taking a shot at my age, and apparently lack of maturity, shows me you have NOTHING to add. I don't, nor did I ever care what you liked musically or not. I was trying to maybe help you to APPRECIATE other forms of vocals/music. By giving you suggestions and BACKIN-UP my thoughts. And just about everytime you either twisted the topic around to your ideas, or just flat-out responded in a poor way. I know you don't care what I think, and believe me, I care even less what you listen to or think about me. People like you are a "dime a dozen" on these forums. Got a lot to say, but it's non-sensical bullshit. And if you knew me, you would never have made the statements you've made towards me. I will however, admit to some "bad" statements, I made here and there. But, in the truest sense of the word, my intentions were to be helpful. I never claimed that I know everything there is about music, but I do know, for I have a background in musical theory and piano, that being open-minded is important in experiencing and growing as a musican or attentive listener. As I've said before, you seem to be stuck in an immovable musical place. That's fine and your right. So stay where you are, It means absolutely nothing to me. By the way, don't call me "dude". From now on, your a fuckin' ghost, man.

BloodSword, if it's true that you wanted to be an OP at UM, that is sad. You've got to be extremely tolerant and able to moderate arguments, not cause or be part of them. You've got to respect the members and be honest as well.

You say you don't care but you both go off on a multi-page rampage about the stupidest argument ever to hit the forum. You like growls and he doesn't. End of story.

Beethoven could come back from the grave and say that growl vocals are the bane of existence. Extensive knowledge of musical theory and piano doesn't make you the most open-minded musician out there. Everyone has their own tastes, preferences, and opinions, and there's nothing anyone can do about that so you've just got to accept it.

Dude, this is the Ghost....... WOW! Seemed to me you were the twister, I just dont like the stuff and your sure as hell not going to change anybody beating them over the head with insults even if they were on the fence which I clearly was not. I'm glad you have some theory, I once had a little myself, its a useful tool. I dont see the equation into death vocals though, in fact I'd say their pretty anti _____ {anything musical}. As far as behaving as you are, all I can say is if you didnt want to dance you should have kept your personal attacks and insults off the floor. Apparently I can wield a sword quite well. Heres to ya bro, just the same :headbang: we shall live to fight another day

BloodSword, if it's true that you wanted to be an OP at UM, that is sad. You've got to be extremely tolerant and able to moderate arguments, not cause or be part of them. You've got to respect the members and be honest as well.

You say you don't care but you both go off on a multi-page rampage about the stupidest argument ever to hit the forum. You like growls and he doesn't. End of story.

Beethoven could come back from the grave and say that growl vocals are the bane of existence. Extensive knowledge of musical theory and piano doesn't make you the most open-minded musician out there. Everyone has their own tastes, preferences, and opinions, and there's nothing anyone can do about that so you've just got to accept it.
Oinkness, what's an OP. Whatever it is, I don't want to be one, and I never intended to be one. I'm curious as to where you got that info. As for the rest of your post, I stand corrected. And appreciate your input.

Oinkness, what's an OP. Whatever it is, I don't want to be one, and I never intended to be one. I'm curious as to where you got that info. As for the rest of your post, I stand corrected. And appreciate your input.

Pretty sure he meant mod

Yeah, I never understood what that meant. And I never applied for a Mod position on UM or any other music forum I belong to. As Oinkness pointed out correctly, I don't have the temprament or patience to be a Mod. Although, on forums where most reponses are pre-meditated, I get frustrated and want to put the boot to the throat, and as much as I would like to do that at times, it simply can't be done. So, verbal bullets are flyin'from me, and really that's something I'm tryin' real hard not to do. They serve no purpose when others already have pre-concieved notions. Anyway, fuck all that, elect Belligerent for this position and be done with it. Wait a minute, that's unfair because we're using the "buddy system" What's wrong with you fuckin' people? It's just not right WTF?

Whats rediculous is you keep sticking your nose in something that has nothing to do with you. Talking about someone on the forum with another. You got a problem with me, take it up with me. Grow up, aint your battle. Yet you just cant figure out what I'm talking about... eh :zombie: The dude got what he dished more times than I recall, I got fed up with it, get over it.

Who wants to fiiiight?
RussellCroweShow2.jpg

I'm trying sooooooooo hard not to say anything. Well, I now know what I want for Christmas, 10 minutes alone in a room with the asshole who I asked "don't call me dude" and seems every chance this clown gets he calls me "Dude." Must be what is called maturity to this_________. I would walk thru busted glass on my tongue to straighten this loser out. Alright, I need to stop this, really is a waste of my good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.