5150 Does Master Of Puppets

Sounds awesome, but you need to downpick that verse!

Sounds a bit too high endy for my tastes... I'd back the presence down, turn up the resonance, turn up the lows and highs, down the mids a tad.

That sounds like a shitload of gain for 2.5, though. When I ran mine straight, I had it on like 5.

the first 8 seconds of this gives a great indication - that is a nice tight sound there. the drums are wack as hail, but you know that.

this entire piece needs to be DOWNPICKED, religiously. sounds kinda wooshy and odd at the :30, :32, etc... wooshy.. weird.

Might be to much mids going on. Also downpicking is a must. You are not suppose to hear the swish swish.

I actually like how that sounds with that many mids. Maybe you could leave it like that and get the lows from a good bass and bass drum.

cobhc said:
dude, do you want me to do you a basic backing track for it? dfhs drums and vsti bass?

thanks man ! i do appreciate it.. but I just wanted something to jam along to , and something to dial up some tones up on my new mbox2. . . I actually have drumkkit from hell 2 but I am still learning how to sequence... I really want to be able to trigger my samples from drumkit from hell from my vdrums...

Bollocks to down picking MoP- thats for the technically impaired. Alrite, its looks ferocious down picked and maybe hetfeild actually did that but still... no. Ive got a good backing somewhere... may dig it out! Too much mids i reckon - gives me a headache :p

kev said:
Bollocks to down picking MoP- thats for the technically impaired. Alrite, its looks ferocious down picked but still... no. Ive got a good backing somewhere... may dig it out! Too much mids i reckon - gives me a headache :p

Bollocks to you! It sounds this much better down picked

I-------------------------------------------------------------------------I

:p

Sinister Mephisto said:
Bollocks to you! It sounds this much better down picked

I-------------------------------------------------------------------------I

:p

bollocks back! Play riffs like that all your life and you'll have arthritis, a penchant for shit technique and the rythmic tightness of jordans pussy

or was that a joke :lol:

Well, it wasn't a joke, but I don't actually wish bullocks upon you. :D

And for my example of downpicking awesomeness, I cite James himself. I think his wrist is doing fine after all these years, and he's still a great rhythm player. I don't know if I can say the same for his head or hair but certainly to each his own. Also, I've compared myself recording all downpicked and alternate picked on MOP-ish stuff (not solos) and downpicking is just WAY cleaner tighter and heavier. Maybe you can get the same results with alternate picking, I certainly can't. If you can, good for you! I wish I could. :)