5150 retubing and tube retailers

I just tried out a few tubes in V1 on my 5150. I auditioned a Tung-Sol 12ax7 and a Penta Labs 9th gen Shuguang and one took the cake. The Tung-Sol took all the beef away, but that's not all, it also took the right hand articulation away. But wait theirs more, it also fizzed things up as well. Needless to say I didn't dig, you dig? The penta Labs took, "a blanket off the speakers" and also tightened up the right hand. It also provided that tightness with clarity without making things harsh in the treble range or removing too much beef. I should also state that I have JJ ecc83's in the other positions. This is just my experience and not a be all end all statement. I just like the results, and if Lasse recommends this set up something must be right,...... right?

p.s. thanks Marcus for your recommendation to go to Dougstubes and order a Penta Labs 9th gen, thanks man!

I just tried out a few tubes in V1 on my 5150. I auditioned a Tung-Sol 12ax7 and a Penta Labs 9th gen Shuguang and one took the cake. The Tung-Sol took all the beef away, but that's not all, it also took the right hand articulation away. But wait theirs more, it also fizzed things up as well. Needless to say I didn't dig, you dig? The penta Labs took, "a blanket off the speakers" and also tightened up the right hand. It also provided that tightness with clarity without making things harsh in the treble range or removing too much beef. I should also state that I have JJ ecc83's in the other positions. This is just my experience and not a be all end all statement. I just like the results, and if Lasse recommends this set up something must be right,...... right?

+1

My order was shipped yesterday, it was in Hamburg this morning - waiting eagerly!
I'll probably do a before and after clip when the tubes are settled and the amp is biasmodded.