5150II Clip

Started working on a mix for a band I'm tracking at the moment, we start doing vocals Saturday. These guys are 16, but are some guitar players for their age! As a band they wanted to use DFHS, which was a bit of a shame imo, but whatever floats their boat eh?

Been reamping guitars today, its a 5150II into a 1960B cab, miced with a 57 "Sneap-style". First time I have used this amp, I will be reamping tomorrow, but should I carry on with these settings?

Sorry about the short clip, I'll post more as the mix progresses (BTW my ears are pretty burned from the whole day so sorry if this mix sucks haha)

Here it is!

Cheers

that slowdown part is cool. might just be my crappy laptop, but the bass guitar isn't exactly jumping out at me and saying "hello." oh wait - you haven't got to bass yet. my bad. gats sound good.

this is the kind of rhythm sound i like!

love it man!

how did you do the panning? give more details... quad tracked? same eq for the guitars?

I like the mids you got. heavy but crunchy.

the bass I'm not sure... I think with fresh ears you could blend it better with the guitars to give them more low end thump. maybe scoop the bass a bit in the mids. it has a burping sound in the mids IMO.

sounds good already.

take care

LG

Cheers for listening guys, appreciated. The bass sounded like shit when we tracked, but sadly it was all we had available when tracking. I just plonked an SVX plugin on that, but with a bit of EQ I should be able to tidy it up.

As far as the guitars, I used the PodXT's Tubescreamer emulation :)erk:) but it still sounded better using it than not, so whatever I guess. Settings on the 5150II were:

Lead Channel

Pre: Just over 2
Low: 5
Mid: Just over 3
High: Just before 4
Resonance: 6
Presence: 5

Mic was one 57, just on the edge of dustcap. Speakers were all G12T-75W's.

Thanks for listening guys