5150II

shine

Crunchy
Jan 7, 2007
In short! Do you think that $800 is too much to pay for 5150II in fine condition with tubes from Mesa Dual rectifier? Thanks!

It's the high side of the price range for one. $600 is about right.

That's what I thought...but the guy is asking for $800 nothing below that! Plus loop channel doesn't work...so I guess I'll pass it!

800$ is a bit much for any broken amp in my opinion.. if you don't have the skills to fix that shit on your own, its often expensive to repair.. definite pass on that one.

800$ is a bit much for any broken amp in my opinion.. if you don't have the skills to fix that shit on your own, its often expensive to repair.. definite pass on that one.

I'm waiting for the owner to call me back. He said it's not a big problem and that it's fixable...so I'm waiting.

If it turns out to be really like he said, $800 is still too much?

+1 to everyone else on here

$500-600 is right price for that amp if it is fully functional, which it is not. $800 is way too high.

Damit! You guys are lucky. They're never beyond 900$ where I live. Usually 1000-1100$. But even I agree that if something is broken, the price goes way down. Or let the owner fix it.

$1000-$1100 :yow: WTF?

Ukraine (some rant below). Country of shitty laws and crazy taxes. If something costs above 300 Euros, to get it through the border you have to pay around 40% or even more. So there are services that let you fool the system, they always appear when something goes SO unfair. But even when you're using such kinds of services, shipping through the ocean would be pretty damn pricey. For a heavy amp or cabinet it's around 300-400 bucks. I'm not talking about air delivery. It becomes golden.

With brand new amps, there are official dealers and prices are usually fair. But man, each time I GAS for some used half-priced gear in perfect condition, I'm soooo jealous:)

I had a situation last year. Found a rare and cool pair of Klein+Humell O300d's studio monitors. Perfect condition, 3300$ for both, with sturdy metal road cases. Amazing deal. Ordered them. With shipping and fees it was 4000$ here, because of the total weight of around 60kg's (30 for speakers and 30 for cases). Still fine. But. They drowned during transportation or while being stored in the docks. No idea, but they came here all rotten. Man, I almost cried when I saw them destroyed! Such a rare and great piece of equipment has been ruined so foolishly, and they don't produce them any more. Rebranded to Neumann, and I simply don't trust their newer production. Still can't forgive I didn't order air delivery. It would've cost much more, but who knew!

P.S. We also have no normal Paypal here. It works only one way - we can send, but we can't receive money. Because of our greedy banking system. They just won't let it happen. Fuck them. There are still ways if you have relatives in Russia or some other country where it works.

Ukraine (some rant below). Country of shitty laws and crazy taxes. If something costs above 300 Euros, to get it through the border you have to pay around 40% or even more. So there are services that let you fool the system, they always appear when something goes SO unfair. But even when you're using such kinds of services, shipping through the ocean would be pretty damn pricey. For a heavy amp or cabinet it's around 300-400 bucks. I'm not talking about air delivery. It becomes golden.

With brand new amps, there are official dealers and prices are usually fair. But man, each time I GAS for some used half-priced gear in perfect condition, I'm soooo jealous:)

I had a situation last year. Found a rare and cool pair of Klein+Humell O300d's studio monitors. Perfect condition, 3300$ for both, with sturdy metal road cases. Amazing deal. Ordered them. With shipping and fees it was 4000$ here, because of the total weight of around 60kg's (30 for speakers and 30 for cases). Still fine. But. They drowned during transportation or while being stored in the docks. No idea, but they came here all rotten. Man, I almost cried when I saw them destroyed! Such a rare and great piece of equipment has been ruined so foolishly, and they don't produce them any more. Rebranded to Neumann, and I simply don't trust their newer production. Still can't forgive I didn't order air delivery. It would've cost much more, but who knew!

P.S. We also have no normal Paypal here. It works only one way - we can send, but we can't receive money. Because of our greedy banking system. They just won't let it happen. Fuck them. There are still ways if you have relatives in Russia or some other country where it works.

I'm from Serbia ( Europe ) and believe me, I understand what you talking about... :)
Gonna try the amp tomorrow anyway.

The people on a musical forum in Finland use this: If the item is used but still as good as new, a good price would be the price for a new one from thomann.de*0,7.

So that would mean the Peavey 6505+ would go for around 1360$ here. And a quick check in that same forum and it seems someone is selling one Peavey 5150II for 1020$.

So that in mind, to me it looks like 800$ is a great deal.

The people on a musical forum in Finland use this: If the item is used but still as good as new, a good price would be the price for a new one from thomann.de*0,7.

So that would mean the Peavey 6505+ would go for around 1360$ here. And a quick check in that same forum and it seems someone is selling one Peavey 5150II for 1020$.

So that in mind, to me it looks like 800$ is a great deal.

Forget all that noise...stateside, you're usually looking at roughly 60% of the new price for used gear, unless it's damn near new, rare, or special in some other way. that said, $800 is terrible for a used 5150II. I got a 6505+ a few years ago for $350...and while I lucked into that one, no 5150 is worth more than $600 unless modded to hell and back.

^ Exaclty my thoughts. But will always depend on his price new in the country.
Dont know for sure but I read the mesa boogies are quite cheap in USA, here in Portugal are quite expensive, more than 1500 euros almost any head, so any head for 1100/1200, it´s already a good deal.

Yea I saw after I typed my reply that he's in Serbia, so totally different ballgame at that point. Mesas are also cheaper here than elsewhere, but still pretty damned expensive. Even used rectifier heads rarely go for less than $1k, and for far less than that I got a 6505+ and krank rev jr

I'm always so jealous when I read the US prices for amps or almost anything. There's just no way you could get the 6505+ for 350$ or even 350€ around here. You'd have to be really good friends with the seller and even then you would probably have to do some questionable stuff for him..

I'm always so jealous when I read the US prices for amps or almost anything. There's just no way you could get the 6505+ for 350$ or even 350€ around here. You'd have to be really good friends with the seller and even then you would probably have to do some questionable stuff for him..

I lucked out and found a seller who was going into the navy. I was in contact for about a week before buying, and got him to take half of the 700 he was asking because he was going to basic training in 2 days and apparently there's no room for peaveys on nuclear subs :devil:

I bought the amp after testing it with a few people that I trust! The guy was kind enough to give me the amp for 2 days! I'll post pictures for you to see it's condition...:tickled: I'm more than satisfied to be honest.