6505 advice

May 23, 2007
hey guys im considering a new amp and have been looking at a 6505
can anybody recommend an alternative for metal at the roughly same price?
also any criticisms of amp you guys have. playing mainly metal and hardcore with a bit of post hardcore melodic stuff

hey guys im considering a new amp and have been looking at a 6505
can anybody recommend an alternative for metal at the roughly same price?
also any criticisms of amp you guys have. playing mainly metal and hardcore with a bit of post hardcore melodic stuff

I have been impressed with the Madison Divinity Head.

They go for around $799 or less.

I have a XXX and a Madison Divinity and used to own the 5150.

I actually like the Madison better than Mesa Tripple Rectifier and Marshall JCM2000.

I still love the 5150 and the XXX is close but still doesnt have the Presense and Resonanse knobs to help dial in your sound as much.

If you can get a good deal on a 6505 you should be happy.

get a 5150, theres a reason its been THE metal amp for the past decade or so

also, i cant speak from experience but ive only heard bad things about madison amps, apparently the quality of them is very poor and people have lots of problems with them according to the harmony central reviews

get a 5150, theres a reason its been THE metal amp for the past decade or so

also, i cant speak from experience but ive only heard bad things about madison amps, apparently the quality of them is very poor and people have lots of problems with them according to the harmony central reviews

I think my Madison was sent to me with a bad EL34 as it sparked blue a few times and started farting out at very high volumes.

But otherwise it has been great on my end.

Then again it was free so I ain't complaining at all.

The company is getting better.

Still a great sounding metal head.

I bought a 6505 last week and cant say enough good things about it!
I have a XXX and Dual Rec and have to say I prefer the sound of the 6505 by miles, its the sound ive been looking for.

Also if you british, speak to Razorjack, he managed to get me an extremely good deal on my 6505 (he works for a well known music store in London), hes a top bloke and deserves the commision much more than all the twats you see in other music stores around london :kickass:

When I e-mailed Madison asking about the crappy wiring that caused unnatural amounts of hum, the duct tape holding wires together, and the disconnected contour knob, I got a two word response: "fuck off"

I will never, ever, EVER do or advocate anyone else doing business with them, for that.

When I e-mailed Madison asking about the crappy wiring that caused unnatural amounts of hum, the duct tape holding wires together, and the disconnected contour knob, I got a two word response: "fuck off"

I will never, ever, EVER do or advocate anyone else doing business with them, for that.

REALLY?! they told you to fuck off? wow... I'm glad I didn't get endorsed by them...

I bought a 6505 last week and cant say enough good things about it!
I have a XXX and Dual Rec and have to say I prefer the sound of the 6505 by miles, its the sound ive been looking for.

Also if you british, speak to Razorjack, he managed to get me an extremely good deal on my 6505 (he works for a well known music store in London), hes a top bloke and deserves the commision much more than all the twats you see in other music stores around london :kickass:

Thanks man, I aim to look after all my customers as best I can. :kickass: