6505+ Rhythm Track Layering?!

ESPJL5150

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
Hello all,

I was just wondering as I'm about to start recording on my new (Focusrite 26 i/o) interface about guitar layering? Do I record the song once with 1 mic and then again and again and layer it accordingly? Or do i record the song with 3 or 4 mics lets say use both outputs of 6505+ to two different cabs with 2 different mics on each cab? Or just use 1 cab and 2 mics any help or input on this subject would be very helpful? I have a (6505+ of course) 1960 Marshall cab and Crate Blue Voodo cab both are 4x12's and I have 2 SM57 mics and 1 E609 and 1 Audix i5! Thanks all who post on this forum this community is really great and helpful!
:headbang::kickass:

Well, there are a lot of ways to do it, but I'd venture to say you should be doing at least 2 different takes, a la the first option. "again and again"

Sinister Mephisto, thanks for your input my last interface MOTU 8pre sounded alright check the myspace site! That was reocrded one take 1 i5 and 1 sm57 on the same cab! That tone isn't bad but the interface crapped out before i could finish all the mixing and editing, I had to put something up and am anxious to record on the new interface I got, thanks for your input I will more then likely track the rhythms 3 times with one mic but just trying to see what luck the forum members have had!:headbang: