6505 Tone...

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
This isn't my particular choice of tone. It was just one I used for a Metallica - Through The Never rhythm tone contest over on HCAF. Not close to the original, but I liked the tone regardless. No post processing, just one SM57. (excuse teh suck playing) There's only one track down the middle here.

I'm offering re-amps with this amp and would probably do some for free to get some business built up. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Likewise, if you're good at editing or something, I'd be interested in a job swap, IE, some discounted editing for some re-amps?

Pic of le rig! (It's a Marshall 4x12)
amp.jpg

And clip of le rig... re-amped.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3526809/THROUGH THE NEVER.mp3

I never re-tolexed haha.

This cab is a JCM800 1935 Bass 4x12. It was messed up when I got it. Lots of missing tolex etc. I painted it white at one point and whenever somebody visited my house, there was a new signature on it. I actually lost track of who all the sigs were. So I stripped it off, sanded it down and painted it red. Been like that for 4 years and it's doing rather well. The Marshall logo snapped off and I never replaced it. It's a heavy fuckin cab. Miles heavier than the newer 1960A cabs. Solid as a rock. I put some V30's in there to replace the G12-65's.

It's a nice cab :)

Yeah for a minute there I thought it was Tolex from the texture. Probably since I saw this:

It doesnt look very promising until the finished product is shown. Red (or dark orange) cabs ftw.

Last edited by a moderator: